the 2011 MY NFL TEAM SUCKS THREAD

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    when are the cowboys fans gonna start posting in this thread?

:lol:

Sorry Cowboy fans...I just hate Jerry Jones with a passion!!!!
    alota cowboyz fans actually hate him too. they still haven't forgiven him for firing tom landry even after the fact JJ has given them 3 more championships.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    when are the cowboys fans gonna start posting in this thread?

alota cowboyz fans actually hate him too. they still haven't forgiven him for firing tom landry even after the fact JJ has given them 3 more championships.

2 unless you are counting barry's as one of JJ's.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Jaguars fan here...I just never know with this damn team.

The Jags are an odd case cause they never do well enough where you say "This Del Rio is our guy!" yet they never quite suck enough to where you say "we gotta fire this guy!" They're just stuck in limbo. They win between six and ten games each year, occasionally they'll pull a playoff upset (DEN in '96, PIT in '07), but they're not really getting anywhere.
    EXACTLY! They always seem to play the good teams tough (i.e. Indy) and lay down for games that should be gimmes. If our secondary can step up and Garrard play consistent we should have a decent year. We'll see :?
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I would prefer to forget that Barry Switzer was ever associated with a team that I supported, and, Eagles fans would prefer to forget that he has won more Super Bowls as a head coach than Andy Reid, so I think that all of us would be fine just saying that Jimmy Johnson has 3 Super Bowl wins as a Cowboy. That was his team anyway, just like the '89 Hurricanes under Dandy Dennis Erickson.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    DS1119 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    At some point WE HAVE ALL BEEN HERE ... :lol:

That's a great post for all New England Patriots fans to remember. :thumbup:
    And Colts fans too! The year before Manning showed up, they didn't score an offensive TD until the fourth fucking game against the Bills! And they were up 26 - 0 before the Bills made one of the all-time comebacks and the Colts lost 35 - 37. :shock: :( :sick:

I had to take an hour long walk after that game to come to grips. :cry:

So all fans should have hope ... well unless you root for the Cincinnati Bengals :mrgreen:
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    I'm refreshing every 5 minutes to see if my beloved Miami Dolphins land Kyle Orton. At least they'll have a chance with him..albeit a small one.

At least Ireland landed Reggie Bush. Finally a nice speed piece in the backfield. They need that upgrade at QB bad. I was at the Dolphins-Pats game in NE this past year and Henne is far worse in person than he is on TV.

Yeah but Ireland will die by my hands if he doesn't finish this Orton trade. I'm off all day so I'll be checking NFL.com and ESPN all freakin' day.

Agreed. I don't want to see them give up more than a 3rd for him. The Donkey's are asking way too much for someone who's going to be their back up, which is apparently the hold up. Finheaven.com is my go to for all thing Phins.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    I think Kyle Orton needs to find a stylist or something. People must look at his stupid haircut and associate a negative connotation with it because the guy is good, yet he still has not found respect from the fans.

Dolphins fans should pray they get Orton. The Broncos are making a very foolish decision.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851
    Agreed. I don't want to see them give up more than a 3rd for him. The Donkey's are asking way too much for someone who's going to be their back up, which is apparently the hold up. Finheaven.com is my go to for all thing Phins.

I used to use finheaven.com but switched to http://www.thephinsider.com/ a few years ago and like it better. As for the Orton situation, I'm hearing that once the salary cap goes into affect tomorrow, they pretty much have to get rid of him cause of his cap number. The made him practice with the first team in Denver today to make it look like he might stay, but they've already given Tebow the vote of confidence. So by later today, if Miami holds their position, Denver might ease up and just ask for a 4th or 5th just so they get something rather than cutting him tomorrow and getting nothing.

Now me personally? I'd give up a 2nd rounder for him. If you look at how Miami has wasted 2nd round picks in the past few years (trading one for AJ Feely, drafting John Beck and then Pat White), I would consider using one to get Orton to be a draft pick well used. He's a STARTING QUARTERBACK who has proven he has some game, and has proven he can get the most out of Brandon Marshall. I capitalized "STARTING QUARTERBACK" because I always hear about how we haven't had a "great" quarterback since Marino. But if you look closer, you'll see we haven't even had a "starting quarterback" since Fiedler. And even he wasn't true starter material.

As my current facebook status says, "Give me Orton or give me death"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Jason P wrote:
    I think Kyle Orton needs to find a stylist or something. People must look at his stupid haircut and associate a negative connotation with it because the guy is good, yet he still has not found respect from the fans.

Dolphins fans should pray they get Orton. The Broncos are making a very foolish decision.
    What you don't have FAITH in Football Jesus? You just have a problem with the really good guys in this world, you know the one's that hate gays, abortion rights, and non-believing heathens. :roll:
    RW81233 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

What you don't have FAITH in Football Jesus? You just have a problem with the really good guys in this world, you know the one's that hate gays, abortion rights, and non-believing heathens. :roll:
    I thought you were referring to Orton and was thinking, "Huh, Jesus didn't have a stupid haircut ...". :mrgreen:

The Denver Bronco's franchise is heading back towards their non-glory days when Hank Scorpio gave the team to Homer Simpson! :lol:

tumblr_l79qirr66n1qdoghio1_500.png
    Kolb officially a Cardinal as the Broncos and Dolphins continue their tickle fight over Orton.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    re: miami. orton and reggie bush. ouch

looks like they're trying to win the andrew luck sweepstakes
    The Fixer wrote:

Alright look. If you wanna be a Howard-hating pessimist over in the Phillies thread, fine. But I'll be damned if you're gonna look down your nose at my beloved Miami Dolphins. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!! You just don't!!! Michael Vick and all these embarrassment of riches always fall in your Eagles' laps and the Fish never get shit. I want Orton. And I want Ryan Howard.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I'm sorry for ranting, Fixer. This Orton-watch has me at my wits-end.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    The Fixer wrote:

Alright look. If you wanna be a Howard-hating pessimist over in the Phillies thread, fine. But I'll be damned if you're gonna look down your nose at my beloved Miami Dolphins. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!! You just don't!!! Michael Vick and all these embarrassment of riches always fall in your Eagles' laps and the Fish never get shit. I want Orton. And I want Ryan Howard.

just saying that thier moves don't make sense. why give up anything of value for guys like orton and bush? wouldn't you rather let young guys play, have them develop or weed them out, suck for a little while, then get better through the draft? they should take note of what the lions have done post-millen. that's what I'd want the eagles to do if they were in the same boat as the dolphins (especially with the jets and pats in their division).

for the record I was and still am opposed to vick. I don't think the birds will ever win with him as their QB. he doesn't have enough between the ears
    I'm sorry for ranting, Fixer. This Orton-watch has me at my wits-end.

haha, trust me dude...I'm the last one you have to worrying about apologizing to around here
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

just saying that thier moves don't make sense. why give up anything of value for guys like orton and bush? wouldn't you rather let young guys play, have them develop or weed them out, suck for a little while, then get better through the draft? they should take note of what the lions have done post-millen. that's what I'd want the eagles to do if they were in the same boat as the dolphins (especially with the jets and pats in their division).

for the record I was and still am opposed to vick. I don't think the birds will ever win with him as their QB. he doesn't have enough between the ears

I disagree about Orton. I think he's proven over the last two seasons that he can be a very serviceable starting quarterback. That sounds like nothing: "serviceable starting quarterback" but the Dolphins haven't had a true "starting quarterback" since Marino (save for that one Pennington season). Henne doesn't have what it takes and I can't be convinced otherwise. I watched every snap he took over the last two years and he just doesn't have "it." Orton does. He can throw it all around the field, he's shown he can have great success with Brandon Marshall. I don't expect him to be a top QB like Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, etc. But I do think he can lead this team to the playoffs and some success. Henne can't.

But yeah, I'm not digging the Bush trade. I was hoping for Bradshaw from NYG and part of me wants Ronnie Brown to stay too cause I have his jersey.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Henne does stink. I think he sucked in college too. He really struggles to read coverages. Cannon for an arm, but he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Friend of mine went to the same high school as henne (in the Reading, PA area). Doesn't talk to him a lot, but has his cell number in his phone. Apparently Henne HATES brandon marshall. After Marshall got stabbed my buddy texted henne to ask if he did it. Henne texted back something like, it wasn't me but I'm glad it happened. There was other language involved that I can't post here. Pretty funny...marshall seems like a dbag
    The Fixer wrote:
    Henne does stink. I think he sucked in college too. He really struggles to read coverages. Cannon for an arm, but he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Friend of mine went to the same high school as henne (in the Reading, PA area). Doesn't talk to him a lot, but has his cell number in his phone. Apparently Henne HATES brandon marshall. After Marshall got stabbed my buddy texted henne to ask if he did it. Henne texted back something like, it wasn't me but I'm glad it happened. There was other language involved that I can't post here. Pretty funny...marshall seems like a dbag

my buddy is buddies whith marshall's buddy. this text has been retexted. let me know if your buddy hears anything from his buddy.

thanks buddy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

2 unless you are counting barry's as one of JJ's.
    JJ= Jerry Jones

was just lazy at the moment to type out Jerry Jones

• Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    The Fixer wrote:

When he does read them right he can't make the throws either. He's just awful.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    metsfan wrote:
    JJ= Jerry Jones

i c. i was thinking jimmy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    JJ= Jerry Jones

i c. i was thinking jimmy
    sorry for the confusion

The Fixer wrote:

Well Marshall's probably a dick because he wasn't prepared for how bad Henne was and didn't know how to respond. A little Orton back in his life will do him good.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    DS1119 wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    I'm not being very optimistic about my team. Which is unusual but the past 10+ years as a Bills fan have been unbearable and i have supported this team from 80's on. I'm not giving up on the Bills i really hope they prove me wrong but i don't see much happening for them. Which is why i'm going to the Toronto concert instead of a Bills game. First time in 10 years me and my cousin will not goto a game.

Durp...I hear yah. How can you resist this though!! :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHbnQXsyDrE

"Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills". :D

The shout song is long over due to be retired and put up on the wall in the stadium.

The shout anthem is more associated with the 90's. Of course it seemed at times you would hear it every 5 minutes or so. Unlike now when you're lucky to hear it once a game.

And can we get rid of that blue fucking buffalo? Seriouslly Billy the Buffalo is creepy and i think he is part of the playoff jinx. Think about it he came in 2000 no playoffs since time to lynch that bastard.
    My butt itches!
    Jaguars fan here...I just never know with this damn team.

They just took Poz not a big loss for the Bills and not a big gain for the Jags. Poz is the only one who comes out ahead.
    My butt itches!
    I disagree about Orton. I think he's proven over the last two seasons that he can be a very serviceable starting quarterback. That sounds like nothing: "serviceable starting quarterback" but the Dolphins haven't had a true "starting quarterback" since Marino (save for that one Pennington season). Henne doesn't have what it takes and I can't be convinced otherwise. I watched every snap he took over the last two years and he just doesn't have "it." Orton does. He can throw it all around the field, he's shown he can have great success with Brandon Marshall. I don't expect him to be a top QB like Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, etc. But I do think he can lead this team to the playoffs and some success. Henne can't.

But yeah, I'm not digging the Bush trade. I was hoping for Bradshaw from NYG and part of me wants Ronnie Brown to stay too cause I have his jersey.

Dolphin fans were saying the same thing about Culpepper a few years ago. Hell i knew a guy who went out and bought an authentic Culpepper jersey ouch. Come on you guys are still pissed about passing over Brees.
    My butt itches!
    So lemme get this right

The bungals won't trade Palmer. But they have no problem trading Chad Johnson (yes i refuse to call him Ocho Cinco) wow and i thought Ralph Wilson was a dumbass.
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:

Dolphin fans were saying the same thing about Culpepper a few years ago. Hell i knew a guy who went out and bought an authentic Culpepper jersey ouch. Come on you guys are still pissed about passing over Brees.

Pissed? More like I wish death upon Nick Saban every time I see Drew Brees on the television. I was NOT one of those Dolphins fans who endorsed the signing of Culpepper.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    DURP wrote:
    So lemme get this right

The bungals won't trade Palmer. But they have no problem trading Chad Johnson (yes i refuse to call him Ocho Cinco) wow and i thought Ralph Wilson was a dumbass.

Well Chad whined a lot but he never gave the Bengals an ultimatum like Palmer did. Palmer knew what he was getting into the day he was drafted. He could have pulled an Eli/Elway and went elsewhere, but he went to the Bengals and he has to live with it.

Pearl Jam bootlegs: