Options

"lets thank the 9:30 club"- EV...wait, what?!

red_ledbetterred_ledbetter Posts: 39
edited November 2008 in The Porch
He said this after playing to the back of the crowd at Washington DC this summer. Is he implying these are the fans who aren't in the fan club? I am probably one of the biggest PJ fans i know and i dont have a membership. I dont know why but im kinda offended EV would segregate their fans like this. Even after he said it you can hear the crowd boo
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    He said this after playing to the back of the crowd at Washington DC this summer. Is he implying these are the fans who aren't in the fan club? I am probably one of the biggest PJ fans i know and i dont have a membership. I dont know why but im kinda offended EV would segregate their fans like this. Even after he said it you can hear the crowd boo
    So you're NOT in the 10C and you're offended becasue he was thanking you and the others who arent members?

I think it's cool that he acknowledged the fans without a membership...instead of being a self centred money pig who only cared about the fans who paid out every year.

Only my opinion :o
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    I think that's a concert venue in the DC area.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    how dare he???
  • Options
    The 9:30 Club is indeed a venue in DC, PJ played there October 15, 1991. Eddie's done this before, mentioning where they played in a city first - Michael Stipe has been doing it for years too.
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    The 9:30 Club is indeed a venue in DC, PJ played there October 15, 1991. Eddie's done this before, mentioning where they played in a city first - Michael Stipe has been doing it for years too.

I thought that Pearl Jam show in 1991 was cancelled?
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    on dc night one solo show he said he had been to the 9:30 club that day and had seen some young bands

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options

see what happens when you assume.....you make an ass out of you and yourself!
  • Options
    Bob Mould just released a DVD of him at the 9:30 club, it looks awesome.

/Sugar were a superb band
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    the 9:30 club, ed played there with Stipe in 98 after the tibetan freedom concert in DC
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,645

LOL i'm sorry, but that's just priceless! :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    100 Pacer wrote:
    LOL i'm sorry, but that's just priceless! :)

That's what i was thinking when i read this too.

It's actually kind of cute... Yes... Suddenly the PJ fans in dc have disdain for the "that f*ing 9:30 club!"

You know what... I've heard them boo when they announce the keyboard player too :eek:

Why are Pearl Jam fans always so negative?!

:D
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,645
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    You know what... I've heard them boo when they announce the keyboard player too :eek:

Why are Pearl Jam fans always so negative?!

:D

hehe

"are you saying Boo? or Boo-urns?"

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    10/15/91 - Nightclub 9:30: Washington, DC
    support act: I Love You
    notes This show was originally scheduled as part of Pearl Jam's headlining club tour with support act I Love You. It was later cancelled as the band left to join the RHCP tour in Madison, WI, following the previous night's show at the Cat's Cradle. A 1993 Goldmine article mentions that the 11/09/91 Tower Records show "compensat[ed] fans for the cancellation of a scheduled Pearl Jam show at the 9:30 club in Washington, D.C." Fans who showed up on this night expecting to see the show found a handwrittern message on the front door announcing the cancellation.

Courtesy of http://www.twofeetthick.com
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Ed's said at other shows when they've played to the people behind that its like playing a small club show again.
    7.5.03 Camden I, 10.2.04 Toledo, 9.15.05 Montreal, 9.16.05 Ottawa, 10.1.05 Atlantic City, 5.13.06 Hartford, 5.27.06 Camden I, 5.30.06 DC, 6.3.06 NJ II, 7.7.06 San Diego, Lollapalooza 2007, 6.24.08 MSG I, 6.25.08 MSG II, 6.27.08 Hartford, 6.28.08 Mansfield I, 6.30.08 Mansfield II, 10.28.09 Philly II, 10.30.09 Philly III, 10.31.09 Philly IV
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    I think Eddie appreciates all fans. :)
    I agree with you
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    you know for fans of a band that promotes kindness you all are a bunch of pompous assholes who freak out when someone questions the motives of the band members. thanks a lot
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    you know for fans of a band that promotes kindness you all are a bunch of pompous assholes who freak out when someone questions the motives of the band members. thanks a lot

relax no one freaked on you, 9:30 club is just one of the better known places in the DC/Baltimore area that draws some good bands to play there.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    relax no one freaked on you, 9:30 club is just one of the better known places in the DC/Baltimore area that draws some good bands to play there.

...and knowing that makes this thread hilarious! Thank god he didn't call us the 8:30 club or the 7:30 club. I guess it is a dumb name for a venue though.

If you are ever in the area, it is a great place to see a show. They draw some big acts who want to experience the history of the place for themselves.
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • Options

ha, your such a turkey. this is so funny. you started a thread about how you were annoyed that ed segregated you, the same ed thats in the band you just mentioned that promotes kindness. and we are the pompous assholes? ha, that terrific. and then you thanked us
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    100 Pacer wrote:
    hehe

"are you saying Boo? or Boo-urns?"

;)

I was saying Boo-urns...
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22