So RUDE, just need to vent

PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
At work there’s a meeting going on with all of these “important” people from the organization here. Most are from out of town and they are meeting in the training room right outside my work space.

Every time they come, this happens and it’s really starting to get on my nerves.

Throughout the course of the day, any one of them will come out and conduct business on their cell phone right in my work area, with seemingly no consideration that they may be interrupting me trying to do my job.

Gets on my GD nerves. One time this guy was out here almost three hours.

Plus it really cuts into my checking out the board. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    get your cellphone, either make a call or fake it and stand right next to these people...and talk rather loudly...doubt they'll get the hint but you never know ;):lol:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I like my job and I want to keep it. :D

I don’t turn my radio down or anything though, if that bothers them, they can move.

I just can't believe how casual they are about it, like I'm not even here.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    know the feeling.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    get some yellow crime scene tape.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Alright, I just had one on a cell phone and another group of two hovering in a corner having a private conversation.

Really?

I do have to say I work in a very large open space but it still doesn’t make it right.

Maybe they all just want to get a look at my collection of Phillies stuff on my desk. :D

It is quite extensive, five statuettes, MY TROLL, a mug, a ball, that when you squeeze it, has Harry Kalas saying “that balls outta here” and pictures I took of the World Series celebration inside CBP on the day of the parade.

What a magical day that was.

talking about my collection is calming my nerves :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I would put up a sign on the wall in big black letters saying: "Please keep your voice down, this is a working environment!" or something to that effect. Couldn't hurt!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    You don’t understand, the President of our entire unit is in there, along with some V.P.’s , I’m not doing anything but helping make their stay here in Philadelphia a pleasant one. :D

That’s why I’m venting HERE.

Like I said, I love my job.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    You don’t understand, the President of our entire unit is in there, along with some V.P.’s , I’m not doing anything but helping make their stay here in Philadelphia a pleasant one. :D

That’s why I’m venting HERE.

Like I said, I love my job.

Well in that case, THOSE BASTARDS!!! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    The CEO’s assistant and I just went in and cleaned up what remained of the catered lunch that they had today. The CEO came in the kitchen and said, maybe next time we should feed them day old hot dogs, and then maybe they won’t come back again. :lol::lol:

This is the fourth year in a row they chosen to have this annual meeting here.