Options

A question re: Vinyl

Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
Hey folks, I am in Belgium and am particularly interested in buying Binaural, Yield, No code and Vitalogy on vinyl. Apart from certain auction websites is there anywhere which you vinyl-heads can direct me too which is a good place to purchase vinyl which is closer to me? Trying to save on postage costs you see. I have checked my local record store and they only seem to have newer releases etc etc..

Any advice/hints welcome. I am a novice at this sort of thing so feel free to treat me as one!

Thanks in advance...

Mikee J :D
"My body's nobody's body but mine"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    http://www.discogs.com

Your best bet is to just monitor this board and jump on anything that's reasonable.

If you don't need the original pressing of Vitalogy, the reissue can be had pretty cheap from dozens of sites, including Goods. Google is your friend.

Good luck!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    http://www.discogs.com

Your best bet is to just monitor this board and jump on anything that's reasonable.

If you don't need the original pressing of Vitalogy, the reissue can be had pretty cheap from dozens of sites, including Goods. Google is your friend.

Good luck!

Awesome.. thanks!

Is there any point in asking what an average price for these things should be? I know it depends on condition a lot but is there any kind of guide that people go by?

I have a small poster collection and have used EB and there price graphs as a guide in the past.. anything like that about?
  • Options
    PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    Mikee J wrote:
    Awesome.. thanks!

Is there any point in asking what an average price for these things should be? I know it depends on condition a lot but is there any kind of guide that people go by?

I have a small poster collection and have used EB and there price graphs as a guide in the past.. anything like that about?
    Nope. Just common sense...kinda sorta, not really, most of the time, maybe...but it depends.

PNuttyJam's somewhat accurate assessment of ridiculous PJ vinyl prices:
    Ten Original - $25-45
    Ten Remaster - $20
    VS Original - $25-40
    VS Remaster - $20
    Vitalogy Original - $25-40
    Vitalogy Remaster - $20
    No Code - $90-125
    Yield - $90-125
    Live on Two Legs - $100-150
    RVM - $150-250
    Binaural - $100-175
    Riot Act - $90-125
    Lost Dogs - $100-200
    Pearl Jam - $90-150
    Backspacer - $20
    Live of Ten Legs - $25

Sealed will go towards the top of the range and then some in many instances. I may be off on some of these, just giving my general assessment of the market. The best place to score a good deal is with the kind souls that frequent this board. Just keep paying attention to the threads and you'll get a good feel for the market.
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for taking the time to do this. I will certainly use this as a guide....

:D
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    pm sent. Willing to trade a sealed Vitalogy vinyl for the composition notebook that came with the Vs/Vitalogy box set.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    Juan GodoyJuan Godoy Posts: 490
    good luck !!
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    Mikee J wrote:
    Awesome.. thanks!

Nope. Just common sense...kinda sorta, not really, most of the time, maybe...but it depends.

PNuttyJam's somewhat accurate assessment of ridiculous PJ vinyl prices:
    Ten Original - $25-45
    Ten Remaster - $20
    VS Original - $25-40
    VS Remaster - $20
    Vitalogy Original - $25-40
    Vitalogy Remaster - $20
    No Code - $90-125
    Yield - $90-125
    Live on Two Legs - $100-150
    RVM - $150-250
    Binaural - $100-175
    Riot Act - $90-125
    Lost Dogs - $100-200
    Pearl Jam - $90-150
    Backspacer - $20
    Live of Ten Legs - $25

Sealed will go towards the top of the range and then some in many instances. I may be off on some of these, just giving my general assessment of the market. The best place to score a good deal is with the kind souls that frequent this board. Just keep paying attention to the threads and you'll get a good feel for the market.
    awesome job on the quotes man, pretty much hit everything right on the nose for what i paid for it
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Good numbers, this'll help a lot of us out here!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
    Looking for No Code Vinyl... will pay or trade some posters!
    "Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"