Back From The Dead

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't know why I find this funny:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ju ... kes-morgue

South African man thought to be dead wakes after 21 hours in morgue fridge

Man, 50, was believed to have died following an asthma attack

guardian.co.uk, Monday 25 July 2011

A man woke up to find himself in a morgue fridge nearly a day after his family thought he had died, a South African health official said.

Health department spokesman Sizwe Kupelo said that the man, aged 50, awoke on Sunday afternoon, 21 hours after his family called in an undertaker who sent him to the morgue after an asthma attack.

Morgue owner Ayanda Maqolo said he sent his driver to collect the body shortly after the family reported the death.

"When he got there, the driver examined the body, checked his pulse, looked for a heartbeat, but there was nothing," Maqolo said.

But a day after staff put the body into a locked refrigerated compartment, morgue workers heard someone shouting for help. They thought it was a ghost, the morgue owner said.

"I couldn't believe it!" Maqolo said. "I was also scared. But they are my employees and I had to show them I wasn't scared, so I called the police."

After police arrived, the group entered the morgue together.

"I was glad they had their firearms, in case something wanted to fight with us," Maqolo said.

He said the man was pale when they pulled him out.

"He asked, 'How did I get here?'" Maqolo said.

The health department said the man was then taken to a nearby hospital for observation and later discharged by doctors who deemed him stable.

Kupelo, the health department spokesman, urged South Africans to call on health officials to confirm that their relatives are really dead.

The man's family was informed that he was alive during a family meeting convened to make funeral arrangements. They're very happy to have him home, Maqolo said.

But Maqolo said he is still trying to recover from the traumatic experience.

"I couldn't sleep last night, I had nightmares," he said. "But today I'm much better."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    "I couldn't believe it!" Maqolo said. "I was also scared. But they are my employees and I had to show them I wasn't scared, so I called the police."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He wanted to be brave....so he called the police. :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Bash that Zombie's head in Quick!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    There was a similar story last month in China I believe where the allegedly dead woman woke up at her wake and then had a heart attack due to the shock of seeing all her friends and family paying their condolences. Mistakes happen but who knows maybe there were dead and simply came back from the other side, I like the possibility of the supernatural. Scary stuff :ugeek:
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    That is a nightmare all around. Who knows how shit like this can even happen!? I better be EXTRA dead when they put me in the ground!
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I'm thinking Monty Python....

(with accent)...Not quite dead yet
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    good thing he only woke up in the morgue. Cant imagine if he woke up to the sound of dirt hitting his coffin or the heat of the flames. :o
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581