Options

gigs without even flow? who's been

Comments

• Options
    20-21. Boston 9-29-04
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    CharlieP wrote:
    I didn´t get E-flow at either the Dusseldorf nor the Copenhagen show last year. Afterwards I was like...where the fuck was that song?? It can check out anytime it wants but it must never leave.....
    love love LOVVVVVE this post!!!! ESPECIALLY the hotel california ref!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    wilkins wrote:
    09/29/04 - Boston- No Even Flow!

I know the guys really like to play it, for Mike's solo and for Matt's sometimes solo, plus the 'regular crowd' loves it and it gives Eddie a break too.

I was at that show and it was some weird sh*t man. a show without the FLOW is like The Master with no guitar!!!! it should NEVER happen.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    Well, you all must have caught on by now that (for now at least) Even Flow must be played because the Matt and Mike solos allow time for Ed to rest his voice....

Viva Even Flow!!

I always thought it was a good time for Ed to have a smoke. And maybe go have a pee! ...like everyone around me did at MSG :(
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    I'm 26 for 27 getting Evenflow, with the Vic being the exception.
    With stats like that I could be in the Hall of Fame.....
    at the very worst I could be in the front rooowwwwwww.

Yes, I'm channeling Uecker there, very poorly
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    tsaraxtsarax Buffalo, NY Posts: 245
    Hamilton, ONT in 2005 for me too. That was a pretty special show.
    05-02-03 Buffalo; 07-12-03 Hershey; 09-13-05 Hamilton; 09-19-05 Toronto; 05-10-06 Toronto; 06-27-08 Hartford; 08-21-09 Toronto; 05-09-10 Cleveland; 05-10-10 Buffalo; 09-11-11 Toronto; 09-15-11 Hamilton; 07-16-13 London; 05-10-16 Toronto
  • Options
    '98 Constitution Hall / '04 Reading / '05 Hamilton --- 1 out of every 8 shows without it
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    played at every damn 16 shows i've been to. and i don't see that streak ending soon.
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    Oddly enough, I'm only 20/23. I was "Flow"-less at Boston II 2004, Hamilton and the Vic. I've actually heard "Corduroy" as many times as "Even Flow." Still, for me, no "Even Flow" is a sizeable gap in a setlist; I'm perfectly happy hearing "Even Flow," "Corduroy" and "Alive" at every single Pearl Jam concert I attend.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    21 for 21 with Even Flow, also have seen YL close the show over 50% of the time (12x)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    July 3, 2003
    July 11, 2003

No Even Flow played at either, and no complaints. :)
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Mansfield I, II & III (The Experiment) 2003
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    Benaroya and Sydney 1
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    SENROCK! wrote:
    a show without the FLOW is like The Master with no guitar!!!! it should NEVER happen.
    Word. :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    7 out of 9.

Boston II in 2003 and 2004 both didn't have Evenflow.

I, personally, don't much care for the song. I always make it a bathroom break during concerts. While I love Mike and think he is a great guitar player, I find this song a bit "over the top" with the guitar. Probably one of my least favorite PJ songs.
  • Options
    reading 2004....one of the most intense main sets ive ever seen...the first 4 songs had me with my mouth wide open drooling...i was also 3 rows away side stage, and ed passed the bottle during crazy mary to us :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    My first show opened with betterman and included no even flow.........
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    3/18/05 NW School benefit...my first show
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    ha..not me..I was at MSG1 and it was played. I always say I hope they don't play it but when I do, Im rocking out to it..lol...
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    23 shows 22 evenflows.

2001 Groundwork Seattle. No Even Flow.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    libragirl wrote:
    ha..not me..I was at MSG1 and it was played. I always say I hope they don't play it
    :eek: LIBRA!!! :eek:

• Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Not the biggest fan of the song, but always cool to see everyone rocking out to it. Don't ever see going to a show and not having Even Flow played.
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Out of our 29 it wasn't played at the Bridge '99, Bellingham '00 and Benaroya.
    I never get tired of it though. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Never Evenflowless for me.
    Mary Jane
    ~~~~~~
    09/04/2000 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
    07/01/2003 Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow, VA
    06/22/2008 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
    10/27/2013 Baltimore Arena (1st Mariner), Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    nope 11/07/06. Sydney

it was actually 11/08 sydney

i stand corrected it was indeed sydney 1
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    SENROCK! wrote:
    :eek: LIBRA!!! :eek:

But I did say I like it when they play it!...LOL...you butchered my post!

:eek:
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Been to a few without Evenflow: Four Bridge School performances (both days in 2001 & 2006), Columbus 2000, Boston II 2004, Hamilton 2005, and Cleveland 2006. I'm actually more tired of Betterman now than Even Flow.
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    I've heard Even Flow 16/17 shows with one exception being Reading '04.

DTE is a close second with 15/17.
    d'oh
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Hmm

Do I have most people beat here?

I have 4 out of 24 shows without Even Flow being played...

Mansfield 2 03
    Mansfield 3 03
    Boston 04
    Reading 04

DTE on the other hand... 23/24 shows.
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I've had Even Flow both times I've seen Pearl Jam, but neither time did they play Yellow Ledbetter!!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    corduroy10 wrote:
    There was no Even Flow at Hamilton 2005.

That was great. I remember thinking that they hadn't played it yet but didn't want to tell my friends and blow it, like a pitcher working on a no hitter. The no E-Flow makes that a top show for me. In Pittsburgh 2000, they opened with E-Flow, and I liked it better that way. We got it out of the way and I was just pumped that the band was on stage, so it made the song tollerable. I really think it's a momentum killer. I would rather hear Betterman any day of the week than E-Flow. They should give it a rest and let us have the chance to miss it.
    I like bands.