Options

Why U love Pearl Jam.

ribbanggaribbangga Posts: 10
edited June 2008 in The Porch
i went to my first PJ show Aug 22 1998 in Barrie Ontario after Yield came out, and I was blown away with the show, fast forward 10 years to June 22 2008 and I got to see them live again in DC, again an awesome show. Out of the big 3 Seattle groups to emerge in the 90s Pearl Jam has made it last. After seeing the show in DC I realized that they have more passion for their music then ever before, still so hungry to perform live, and constantly trying to "do it better" as Eddie says then the last time. The main reason why I love them is because no matter what I'm feeling, there is a song to help, there is a song to get me going, make me happy, get me up in the morning. I played Alive on the last day of school since Ten came out. Of course it had a much deeper meaning, but the opening riff and the lyrics, that yes I made it through another year, and I'm still here always made me feel good. Their "car" songs are the best for driving RVM, Gone, etc.. you can fill in the blanks. I just hope they continue to tour and make great music for us to enjoy. Thank you Pearl Jam. please get this thread going, I'd love to hear what this band means to everyone else.
The whole world will be different soon
The whole world will be relieved
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    the exuberant feeling I get during a concert
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    The energy, the atmosphere their presence on stage creates is simply addicting, there's nothing like the rush of energy you get when they start playing.
  • Options
    PJgvntoflyPJgvntofly Posts: 10
    I love the range of their music, every album is different....unlike some other bands
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    PJgvntofly wrote:
    I love the range of their music, every album is different....unlike some other bands

that too...

even their worst is better than most other bands good songs.
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    when I'm on a long drive and slightly sleepy , I put them on and I'm awake and good until I get home.
  • Options
    SuzieMSuzieM Posts: 113
    They really really really like each other and are just having a time of their lives. It's not just a show, they are sharing a piece of themselves that's very personal and yet they are letting 20,000 (or however many it was) people into their lives. We are part of their performance and not just spectators. And I feel so privileged every time I have the chance to experience it.
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    ribbangga wrote:
    i went to my first PJ show Aug 22 1998 in Barrie Ontario after Yield came out, and I was blown away with the show, fast forward 10 years to June 22 2008 and I got to see them live again in DC, again an awesome show. Out of the big 3 Seattle groups to emerge in the 90s Pearl Jam has made it last. After seeing the show in DC I realized that they have more passion for their music then ever before, still so hungry to perform live, and constantly trying to "do it better" as Eddie says then the last time. The main reason why I love them is because no matter what I'm feeling, there is a song to help, there is a song to get me going, make me happy, get me up in the morning. I played Alive on the last day of school since Ten came out. Of course it had a much deeper meaning, but the opening riff and the lyrics, that yes I made it through another year, and I'm still here always made me feel good. Their "car" songs are the best for driving RVM, Gone, etc.. you can fill in the blanks. I just hope they continue to tour and make great music for us to enjoy. Thank you Pearl Jam. please get this thread going, I'd love to hear what this band means to everyone else.

For me, it is because I have been writing since I was 15 and for a little while I started to think that my writing was useless because it didn't earn me money. Then I heard PJ's music and Eddie Vedder's lyrics and I thought, "wow these are poems put to music". I kind of credit them to my continued writing which is still not my carreer but has been an outlet for many many years through many many things.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on