Canadians, please read and help with info....

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,966
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
My girlfriend takes Nexium, prescribed by her Dr. Because she's changed jobs and therefore has different ins she is unable to fill this precsription. The ins co. has denied this drug. This med is the only one that works for her.

My question is this, is Nexium available over the counter up there? Or is a script necessary? We'll be headed up to just outside of Windsor next weekend. Hope to find out before then.

Thanks in advance for your help.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just called my local pharmacy for you.... you do need a script, and its about $88.00 for a months worth.

Hope this helps :)
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    I'm not Canadian :) but I just thought I'd let you know that my brother-in-law swears by Prilosec (OTC). I'm not sure, but I think it's made by the same manufacturer as Nexium and the ingredients are almost identical. It might be worth a try.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,966
    Thanks guys.

She's had prilosec before. Not effective for her. Thats also the one the ins co is pushing. Seems theres one molecule difference between them. Apparently she needs that particular molecule!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Nexium was/is awesome. Used to take it until my hiatal hernia was fixed. Now, no more heartburn - at all! The funny part is I didn't even know that I had an hiatal hernia :roll: It was fixed when I was in surgery for another issue 8-) You should check out the cost of seeing a doctor as an out-of-province patient at a walk-in clinic in the province you are going to. You may be ab;e to score an Rx there. Good luck to you and your girl-friend.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Nexium was/is awesome. Used to take it until my hiatal hernia was fixed. Now, no more heartburn - at all! The funny part is I didn't even know that I had an hiatal hernia :roll: It was fixed when I was in surgery for another issue 8-) You should check out the cost of seeing a doctor as an out-of-province patient at a walk-in clinic in the province you are going to. You may be ab;e to score an Rx there. Good luck to you and your girl-friend.
    As an American citizen , what would this cost? She's able to use her script through an online pharm from Canada, but being seen as a patient?

I took one of my parents exchange students to a clinic in Calgary (Alberta) in 2007, and if I recall correctly, the visit cost $100 CDN. However, you'd have to check with a clinic in the area you are planning to visit. My advice would be to just Google walk-in or medical clinics in the city you plan to visit. Get the phone number and call them. Sorry I can't be more specific, but cost depends on the province you are in.
    all good. Thanks for the tip fifth!!!!

No problem, happy to help :D
  • She may even have travel insurance within her private insurance, and that should reimburse for any fee's spent at a clinic outside of the US ( I know ours works that way). I use to work at a medical clinic and the walk-in clinic there charged $50 for non-residents, this was a few years ago.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I just called my local pharmacy for you.... you do need a script, and its about $88.00 for a months worth.

Hope this helps :)
    that was nice of you.
    best of luck, mickeyrat's g/f
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce