Options

Saw Iron Maiden last night!

edited July 2011 in Other Music
I bought the tickets for my other half as he's been a fan for years but has never had the chance to see them live until now. They've never really been my cup of tea but I must say they put on a really good show and the support band (Airbourne) was bloody good too.
I must admit I was terrified as I didn't know what to expect and it was different to the sorts of bands I've seen in the past but I really enjoyed it! :D
PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Awesome. Looks like a pretty solid setlist, although I really wish they'd stop playing "Iron Maiden" and "Running Free" at EVERY SINGLE SHOW.

For anyone who's tired of "Even Flow" -- I've been going to Maiden shows since 1984 and they've never failed to play those two.

Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
    El Dorado
    2 Minutes to Midnight
    The Talisman
    Coming Home
    Dance of Death
    The Trooper
    The Wicker Man
    Blood Brothers
    When the Wild Wind Blows
    The Evil That Men Do
    Fear of the Dark
    Iron Maiden
    The Number of the Beast
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Running Free
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    Awesome. Looks like a pretty solid setlist, although I really wish they'd stop playing "Iron Maiden" and "Running Free" at EVERY SINGLE SHOW.

For anyone who's tired of "Even Flow" -- I've been going to Maiden shows since 1984 and they've never failed to play those two.

Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
    El Dorado
    2 Minutes to Midnight
    The Talisman
    Coming Home
    Dance of Death
    The Trooper
    The Wicker Man
    Blood Brothers
    When the Wild Wind Blows
    The Evil That Men Do
    Fear of the Dark
    Iron Maiden
    The Number of the Beast
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Running Free

Cheers for that! :thumbup:
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    How many of them were wearing Iron Maiden shirts on stage .

they are kings of that . ;)
  • Options
    Check that. I've actually seen them a few times where they haven't played RF. But they do play it a hell of a lot.

They've probably played "Hallowed" every single time I've seen them, but I don't think I can ever get tired of hearing it. It's one of the best songs in the history of ever.
  • Options
    Jokertt® wrote:
    How many of them were wearing Iron Maiden shirts on stage .

they are kings of that . ;)
    Dave & Janick: definitely wearing them.
    Steve: Maybe.
    Adrian: probably not.
    Bruce: almost certainly not, but he probably started the show with a Maiden knit cap on.
    Nicko: God only knows what he's got on behind that mammoth drum kit.
  • Options
    EdLawEdLaw Posts: 194
    They'll never stop playing Hallowed. I remember an interview with one of the band members, where they said that Nicko told them something to the effect of "The day we don't play Hallowed is the day you start looking for a new drummer!". And that's fine by me... it's a phenomenal live song.

I'll be seeing them on the 6th August, the last night of the tour. I've only seen them once before, back in 2008 on the Somewhere Back In Time tour. That gave me my fill of the classics, so I'm pretty excited to hear some of the post-2000 songs they're doing this time around.
    And I planted my bolo knife in the neck of mad John Finn. I took his wretched life.
    Now I'm over near the bandstand, every hand moving on John Finn's wife...