Options

posters

jammasterjustinjammasterjustin Posts: 5
edited June 2008 in The Porch
after looking at these forums for the past 2 days, i got the impression that all pearl jam fans have some fasination with posters from shows. now im a relatively new PJ fan, going to my first show tomorrow, and out of all the other shows ive attended in the past i have never bought a poster. can someone explain to me the significance of posters? should i buy one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,738
    There have been a ton of threads about this, but I think it comes down to individual preference - do you WANT one? If not, then don't put yourself through the aggrivation. If you do, then get one. I personally only have 1 (Philly '05) and I love the thing. But it's become too stressful for me to try to get one for every show I go to so I don't collect them. To each his own though. I think the only WRONG thing you can do is buy them just to make a profit on eBay, etc...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    There are two reasons people usually buy posters (aside from flipping them on ebay):
    1) To frame and keep as a memory of the show you went to
    2) simply because you like the art

it could be both 1 and 2, or just 1, or just 2, etc...
  • Options
    haha i wouldnt do that... although i just looked and some of them are selling for more than 300 dollars
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    do they still make the 5$ non special posters? i got those in 03 and 06 and i thought they were cool.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    along with what has already been said, these posters are limited edition to 500 silk screen prints....due to this the popular posters will be of higher value....what makes them popular?.....beats me :)
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    _outlaw wrote:
    There are two reasons people usually buy posters (aside from flipping them on ebay):
    1) To frame and keep as a memory of the show you went to
    2) simply because you like the art

it could be both 1 and 2, or just 1, or just 2, etc...
    I like the art, but I only buy posters of the shows I go to. Just seems weird to me to put posters on the wall of concerts you didn't go to.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    how much do they cost at the show? are they hard to get?