Options

I want to request PJ to visit Howard Stern

FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Hell they're in NYC for 3 days minimum, may as well get booked on the show while in town. Hell, the band was cool w/that turncoat Cabbie interviewing them at K-Rock. May as well sit down w/Howard & Co. Howard's a huge fan, could be a great opportunity for them to finally appear on the show.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    people still listen to Stern?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Stern is a PJ fan? Didnt know that.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Fat chance.
  • Options
    Stern is a PJ fan? Didnt know that.

His favorite song is Glorified G, Fred, Robin & Artie dig 'em too. I guess a few years ago the band wanted Stone & Jeff to go on the show, but Howard wanted Eddie there too. Since Eddie wasn't going to appear they passed on the boys. That's as close as it's been I think for the band being on the show.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    love Howard but it'll never happen..I don't think Ed wants to talk about who he banged
  • Options
    ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    Howard was so jealous when PJ was interview by Cabbie. I don't think such an interview will ever happen due to Howards line of questioning..although it would be good.

When Chris C. comes in its always great.

and I still listen to Stern, costs me $12.95 per month..and well worth it.
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Funkdog wrote:
    I guess a few years ago the band wanted Stone & Jeff to go on the show, but Howard wanted Eddie there too. Since Eddie wasn't going to appear they passed on the boys.

Then fuck him! He's not a true fan
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    NoGrapesNoGrapes Posts: 50
    Funkdog wrote:
    Howard's a huge fan,

I listen to Stern alot and there is no way he is " a hugh fan ". not too long ago in fact I recall him saying " Pearl Jam are they still around? " I can't remember how it came up but that sure doesn't sound like a fan. Fred I think is a fan. He plays PJ once in a while as bumper music and at one of the Christmas shows he got a guitar pic of Ed's as a gift
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Don't think Stern is too big a fan. I remember him asking Chris Cornell if Vedder "really was an asshole." :p
  • Options
    isnt a good fit as a huge fan of both I would cringe if it happened. maybe Mike could go in by himself and have a laughfest but Stern wouldnt want it without Eddie. And Ed and Howard are like oil and Water.
  • Options
    lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    I would rather PJ go do an acoustic song or two. Howard always plays music from studio performances. It would awesome if they did stop by Sirius....
    I just keep moving on....
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I wish they would too. I remember they were booked but Eddie couldn't attended because of a prior engagement and the Stern show passed on only having Stone, Mike and Jeff without Eddie. Howard has talked about it several times.

I also know one of his favorite songs is Glorified G

However, I remember last year Artie said he liked Nirvana alot more than Pearl Jam and it almost resulted in me sending him a CD with a ton of live stuff on it. I know for a fact that Artie would be a huge PJ fan if he attend a show because of how much he loves The Who.
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    What ever happened to Cabbie???
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    They would have more fun if they visited O&A
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    nimsu8 wrote:
    They would have more fun if they visited O&A

Howard should get Pearl Jam

O&A should get Creed

it would be perfect symmetry for ripoffs
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    However, I remember last year Artie said he liked Nirvana alot more than Pearl Jam and it almost resulted in me sending him a CD with a ton of live stuff on it. I know for a fact that Artie would be a huge PJ fan if he attend a show because of how much he loves The Who.

You know I almost did the same thing, that's cool someone else felt the same way I did.

• Options
    Funkdog wrote:
    You know I almost did the same thing, that's cool someone else felt the same way I did.

yeah I figured he would never get it though so I never sent it