Options

FS PHILLY 2 10-28-09 FACE VALUE

dawitchdocdawitchdoc Posts: 59
edited August 2011 in Lost Dogs
I've one poster never removed from the tube . I think it was 40.00 dollars that I paid. Shipping would be 10.00. dollars which would include priority mail with confirmation and insurance through USPS. U.S.A. only please.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dawitchdocdawitchdoc Posts: 59
    I've been told by a professional framer that it's best to leave poster's in the tube until framing. For what it's worth.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    dawitchdoc wrote:
    I've been told by a professional framer that it's best to leave poster's in the tube until framing. For what it's worth.

If a professional framer told you that, he/she needs to find a new profession.

Leaving silk screened prints in a tube like that is one of the worst things that you can do for the print.

P.S. you can still buy this poster in the goods section for $30 + 7.50 shipping. might try lowering your price.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    dawitchdoc wrote:
    I've one poster never removed from the tube . I think it was 40.00 dollars that I paid. Shipping would be 10.00. dollars which would include priority mail with confirmation and insurance through USPS. U.S.A. only please.

They are cheaper in the goods section.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    shep wrote:
    dawitchdoc wrote:

If a professional framer told you that, he/she needs to find a new profession.

Leaving silk screened prints in a tube like that is one of the worst things that you can do for the print.

P.S. you can still buy this poster in the goods section for $30 + 7.50 shipping. might try lowering your price.
    yeah, I was thinking the same thing. What framer would say this? What would be the point?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ParachuteParachute Posts: 409
    Shoot- almost all my posters are in the tube- what's the BEST way to store them until framing?

Any professionals out there?

Thanks!
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,245
    Parachute wrote:
    Shoot- almost all my posters are in the tube- what's the BEST way to store them until framing?

Thanks!

Flat
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Parachute wrote:

Thanks!

Flat
    This is how I store mine:

http://www.amazon.com/Bazic-Poster-Boar ... 295&sr=8-4
    +
    http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Photo-Cor ... 342&sr=8-1
    +
    http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/Clear ... 1/9.html#8

(might want to try some kind of acid-free mounting board, and if displaying them like this, remember the bags have no UV protection.....but these are the products I use...)
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    Parachute wrote:

Thanks!

Not a professional but:

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/portfolios-and-presentation/picturesque-presentation-cases.htm

The 24 x 36 will hold most any PJ poster, with the exception of a couple (like the U2/PJ Honolulu 06 by BK)... It's a little pricey, but really your best option.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Parachute wrote:

Thanks!

Not a professional but:

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/portfolios-and-presentation/picturesque-presentation-cases.htm

The 24 x 36 will hold most any PJ poster, with the exception of a couple (like the U2/PJ Honolulu 06 by BK)... It's a little pricey, but really your best option.

I love this plus it is so easy to flip through and look at all of my posters. Make sure you order a few extra sleeve packs, it saves on shipping.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    ParachuteParachute Posts: 409
    Wow- thanks for all the good info guys- looking forward to being able to see my posters now, instead of looking at a bunch of tubes!

Thanks again.
    Peace.
  • Options
    I recently removed the poster from the tube and had it framed. It survived the tube and looks awesome to me no damage at all.
  • Options
    As I said at the beginning ''I thInk I paid 40.00 dollars'' truth now know it was 37.50 shipped excuse me !! The last time I shipped a poster priority with insurance and confirmation it was 9.00 and change. Obviously the posters in the goods section are a better deal I didn't look there. I've decided to keep this poster after all.