Wanna start/join a band in the UK

Stevros WecribStevros Wecrib Posts: 35
edited August 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi,

MASSIVE long shot but if anyone from the UK reads this who's in my area and is interested then let me know!

I’m a 28 year old rhythm guitarist looking to join or start a hard rock band. I’ve been playing for 13 years and have had both live and studio experience with my previous band; we were signed to an indie label but split after our singer/guitarist moved to the US. Six years on and, having gained a wife, two kids and a mortgage, I want to get back into writing and playing music as part of a creative group.

Main influences:
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Queens Of The Stone Age
Foo Fighters
Jeff Buckley
John Frusciante
Alice In Chains
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sleater-Kinney
Smashing Pumpkins
Tom Waits
Fugazi

And, of course, loads more…

Ideally, I’d like to practice once a week and gig once a month or so… no pressure to begin with… I’m not really looking to take over the world but would also like to see what we could achieve. Music is something I want to be involved in for life.

So if there are any other guitarists, bassists, drummers or singers out there who wanna get together then let me know. I’m based in Evesham and am happy to travel around Worcester, Stratford upon Avon and Cheltenham areas.

Like I said... massive long shot but thought it was worth a try!

Thanks,

Steve
"i hope it's a sweet ride here for me tonight cause i feel i'm going feel i'm slowing down"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Actually got some hits so I thought I'd give this a bump :)
    "i hope it's a sweet ride here for me tonight cause i feel i'm going feel i'm slowing down"
  • BGBG Posts: 2
    Damn if only you were in the Hertfordshire area... you just listed all my fav bands!

Anyway, here's a link to what were doing down here - http://www.facebook.com/dekotaband