Grohl Throws fan out of show...Anyone ever have to do that?

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,171
edited July 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
this is awesome. Dave Grohl stops mid song and yells at a "fan" and throws him out for fighting at the show. I have seen the foos 8 or 9 times and i have never seen this side of dave.

click here for the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9GMOTaqtc

have any of you had to throw someone out of a show before?

i haven't personally stopped a show and done it, but our bass player has had a few people tossed over the years for things like fighting, roughing up his girlfriend, and dumping beer on his pedal board, and things like that. fortunately most of the places we play have great security that takes care of breaking up fights and stuff before they get carried away. some of the other bands in our scene play some more aggressive music than my band so they have more issues than we do...

share your experiences here.
"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    been posted a plenty. Glad he did it
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Johnny AggroJohnny Aggro Posts: 543
    this is awesome. Dave Grohl stops mid song and yells at a "fan" and throws him out for fighting at the show. I have seen the foos 8 or 9 times and i have never seen this side of dave.

click here for the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9GMOTaqtc

have any of you had to throw someone out of a show before?

i haven't personally stopped a show and done it, but our bass player has had a few people tossed over the years for things like fighting, roughing up his girlfriend, and dumping beer on his pedal board, and things like that. fortunately most of the places we play have great security that takes care of breaking up fights and stuff before they get carried away. some of the other bands in our scene play some more aggressive music than my band so they have more issues than we do...

share your experiences here.

Only once. A friend of our support band got minced and climbed onto the stage. Almost disconnected the lead out of a pedal board. Didnt stop a song, but made it very clear for him to fook off. Generally been very lucky over the years in this regard. (Probably due to lack of decent audience numbers LOL)
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I recall Doug Martsch of Built to Spill getting heckled by a 'fan' at a show in Kansas City as a result of experiencing technical difficulties and playing later than scheduled. Doug finally had enough of this guy yelling at him, so Doug yelled "Fuck you!" Doug then asked the heckler how much it cost to get in the show. Doug pulls out his wallet, gives the guy $20 and tells him to get the fuck out.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09