Options

Best place for Single DC ticket

russmcrussmc Posts: 91
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I see tons of threads about tix for the upcoming shows, and I've gone through and sent out PM's to folks for the DC show. But several of them who noted they had an extra ticket for DC posted several weeks ago. I'm not sure if they are still available or not.

So I'm wondering what would be the best way to get a ticket for the show?

I've looked online for the past several days, and ticketmaster only seems to have nosebleed seats in the back of the stadium. The last PJ show I went to was also my first one, and I was excited just to get a ticket, but it was in a similar spot, and I honestly could not make out anything that was going on on the stage without watching the jumbo tron. So it was basically like paying sixty bucks to watch a live movie.

Does anyone recommend trying to get tickets from scalpers before the show? Does anyone have any experience with that and getting a decent seat?

I've just gone through a rough time in my life recently, and things are changing for the better. And I would really love to commemorate this with seeing my favorite band.

Any help or advice (or even an opportunity for a ticket) would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
-Russ
Surreal Art that Entices the Mind
http://www.russmcintosh.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    just wait by the box office day of the show...all day up until show time the seats getting released will only get better and closer to the stage. I do it all the time as do many jammers who go to the shows ticketless and usually we wind up with 10club seats of people who couldnt make it..I like it better that way than getting caught up in all the presale hype, and all the other stuff...its unnecessary stress
    for example:
    MSG 03 nite 2..no tix..I got sidestage right over Mike at 4pm with the HUGE JUMBOTRON saying PEARL JAM SOLD OUT
    Boston 06 both nites no tix....wound up 7th row and a lil under 20th row
    Pittsburgh 06, no tix..found a member outside the venue with an extra...right over Mike again sidestage
    Boston 04 nite 2...no tix, met a jammer who's like my best friend and touring buddy now...7th row in front of Stone for IGF, the Seeker and Alone...doesnt get too much better than that
    Jersey 06 both nites..nite 1 a few rows behind Susan Sarandon sidestage of Stone, and nite 2 on the opposite side both tix from members in the parking lot.
    anyways I been to like 25 shows and I can keep going on and if I remember correctly Ive had tix b4 the show in my hand maybe 3-5 times..the other times I just go with some hope and I ususally do ok
    so.....
    dont worry
    you're getting in
    :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    i just got 3 D.C. ticks yesterday round 3 p.m. off ticketfucker they are in the 400 section which is mike's side but up in the rafters! had bonnaroo tickets everything went to shit hada sellem on ebay cheap...So i dont mind tha rafters jus happy to be in the house...Ive seen a bunch of tickets on Stubhub and Ebay 4 D.C. kinda pricey tho Good Luck
    10-3-05 Philly
    5-27-06 Camden
    Hada Sell Bonaroo ticks
    6-22-08 D.C.
    10-28-09 Spectrum Philly
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i got 1 single 2 weeks ago on TM and it is an awesome seat... stage side, row 4 i believe right next to mccready... it is probbal;y better then my 10c ticket would have been?

good luck