Options

PJ / Eddie / Bridge School

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited July 2011 in The Porch
At the Oakland show tonight, Eddie was talking about his fondest memories of the Bay Area coming from his multiple times playing Bridge School. He then hinted (fellow concertgoers, correct me if I'm wrong) that he's looking forward to being at this year's 25th Anniversary show. Looking at the band's schedule, it would make perfect sense with PJ20 in September and South America starting in November. I guess the only question is, will it be Eddie solo or full band?
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    Unless some of the othe band members have pre arranged comittments, then I'd say whole band, being the 25th Anniversary! That's exciting news! :)

edit: unless Ed just does the solo uke thing??
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Very exciting news indeed! I first saw PJ at Bridge last year, and I was completely blown away! If they are going to be there again, I will be there! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    this wouldn't shock me seeing as how they are free. it also wouldn't shock me to see a mini east coast and west coast tour in october but thats more of a pipe dream.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I love the Bridge School Benefit, I try to go every year regardless of the line up...it is a totally different kind of concert going experience....and just to get the rumor mill going based on their schedule I think The Foo Fighters could easily make their return to the Bridge School
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    But Eddie's Baseball cred took a MAJOR hit last night during that anecdote. Sheesh, he said the Giants had won the World Series during Billy Idol's set last year. It was only the National League Championship!

I would bet it's the whole group -- doesn't take "much" to get their acoustic gear ready for that, it's not Matt's normal touring set either. Can't imagine they'd miss the 25th! But I wouldn't bank on anything else, mini-tour wise.

And yes, I had to change my shorts after he said it....
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    csblake111csblake111 Posts: 147
    You heard it right. Hope it happens. Last year's Bridge School was fantastic. Maybe this year we won't need the rain ponchos though. LOL
  • Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 173
    I'd bet my left shoe that Foo Fighters play Bridge this year. They play close by in Sacramento the thursday before Bridge and then dont have another show scheduled until the tuesday (Vancouver) after bridge. A suspicious gap timed just right for Neil and the gang.
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 533
    csblake111 wrote:
    You heard it right. Hope it happens. Last year's Bridge School was fantastic. Maybe this year we won't need the rain ponchos though. LOL
    If they do, after PJ20 I will be officially homeless...

Can't miss out on a Bridge Show! :lol:

:(