Anyone from Plymouth, Mass?

YetAnotherFiascoYetAnotherFiasco Posts: 158
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I was wondering if anyone on here is from Plymouth, Massachusetts and could give me advice on where to park
overnight for two nights in the city.

I am planning to do a bike ride with some friends from Plymouth to Truro on the Cape on a Friday and Saturday. I want to park my car somewhere in Plymouth and start the ride on friday. Then on Sunday, we are going to take a ferry boat from the Cape back to Plymouth.

I'm having trouble finding garages or lots that keep cars for more than 10 hours. I've never been to Plymouth, but i've been told that outside of the waterfront area is pretty suburban, so I can just find a residential street to park on, and leave my car there all day friday, all day saturday and then get back to it sunday afternoon.

If you have any advice or street names where I won't get towed, please let me know. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Nope, sorry, but I hit a tree with one once!
    Actually it may have been an Aries, I can't remember :(
    Good luck with your search, I'm sure someone here can help.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I'm not from there, but I've been there. I seem to recall there being a Walmart. Don't they allow overnight parking in their lots?
  • Ah yeah, Walmart might work. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    That's quite a nice bike ride. Enjoy.

I'm from about 75 miles north of there, a place called Newburyport. Real pretty area, you should bike ride there sometime. :D
  • I've driven through Newburyport before. It's definitely a nice area. I live in Northampton, MA but two summers ago I drove from Boston to Hampton Beach, and then to Portsmouth. I haven't but over that way in a while but I should check it out on bike instead of my car for sure. Thanks for the tip.