Options

Beatles Vinyl

Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
edited July 2011 in Lost Dogs
Helping a friend gut a house that he is moving into, the people who lived there previously left EVERYTHING behind. Seriously, everything. Dirty dishes and all. Anyway, my buddy is like... Dump it all and if you want it take it. I see the record player, take that. Then find the record collection and that's now mine. Does anyone know the true values of the Beatles vinyl. I have about 50 plus albums , all original pressing. Sgt. Peppers with the cutouts, the butcher box let it be, the.white.album. etc. But every site on the web lists all types of prices and I'm not sure what to do... Anyway, if there is a Beatles vinyl collector on here somewhere please help me out. If I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize. If your a Beatles fan or vinyl fan of almost anything let me know. I think I have it all......
"It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    you would have to start google cat numbers .

then you could check goldmine or do some kind of price check on eBay or other sites ....

i would think unless there the really rare ones next to nothing sense the Beatles of been repressed many times
  • Options
    Jokertt wrote:

then you could check goldmine or do some kind of price check on eBay or other sites ....

i would think unless there the really rare ones next to nothing sense the Beatles of been repressed many times

Cat numbers? --the ones etched in the inner part of the record...?
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Jokertt wrote:

Basically what he said. If it's rare, $$$$$. Also, if it's a White Album in mono, that's worth a lot.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    I did an eBay check and some were like $500.00 and then another of the same like$5.00... I just thought maybe someone on here might have dealt with Beatles vinyl and could tell me what the rarities are and how to distinguish. I'm a big fan but not a big record collector of the Beatles. I know what to spin, not what to sell...

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    I did an eBay check and some were like $500.00 and then another of the same like$5.00... I just thought maybe someone on here might have dealt with Beatles vinyl and could tell me what the rarities are and how to distinguish. I'm a big fan but not a big record collector of the Beatles. I know what to spin, not what to sell...
    Probably the early records with the original pressing sticker are worth a lot, before they pressed them through the years.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Jokertt wrote:

Basically what he said. If it's rare, $$$$$. Also, if it's a White Album in mono, that's worth a lot.

Yeah white album is mono, but old and worn. Nothing sealed. Also have,Introducing the Beatles mono,.and The Beatles yesterday and today( butcher album). Which some sites are listing as like holy grail and shit...??

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Cat # would be on the jacket . and it would be on the label of the record . the etching marks are from the factory and other info . those etchings comes into play once you find out if you have that rare one .

Just work the Cat #'s here is an example:

I would Google :" soundgarden 395 374 1 A&M Records " -- and im sure discogs will be showing up on most

80f43229.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Jokertt wrote:

Yeah white album is mono, but old and worn. Nothing sealed. Also have,Introducing the Beatles mono,.and The Beatles yesterday and today( butcher album). Which some sites are listing as like holy grail and shit...??
    The White Album was the last Beatles album pressed in mono. Introducing the Beatles was their first American release, basically the Please Please Me album minus a couple songs, and the only Beatles album released on Vee-Jay Records.
  • Options
    Newch, Jokertt... thank you greatly... :D

MLMF NYC