Introduction

The Crooked HeartThe Crooked Heart Posts: 116
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't know if people normally introduce themselves but I feel really weird just jumping in. I tried for a while and I feel like the weird girl at a party who just walks up and jumps in the conversation. My name is Emily. I live in a small town in Missouri. I think we hold the record for being the most boring town in the universe. I grew up in Orlando and miss home like crazy. I am married with 4 kids. I have been a huge PJ fan from the moment I heard Alive for the first time when I was in 6th or 7th grade. I was trying to think of something else interesting to say but I have become very boring and ordinary. Damn you rural midwest!
Emily
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    Howdy, just jump in no one will think less of you for it. In fact the less people know the more you can say :lol:
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Hi. Two kids here and I thought I grew up in the most boring town in the universe.
  • Hi!
    In Digitized Remorse
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    Hey there! :wave:
    No kids, and sorry, but I actually grew up in a great area (Queens,NY)
    Yep, just jump into conversations. Everyone is friendly and cool.
    Have fun!
  • cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    oh yeah and don't be shy to ask/beg for things too :)
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Hi, my name is 81 and i like pj, bubbles and newbie threads
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The 81 wrote:
    Hi, my name is 81 and i like bubbles

0000574983_350.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Hi!

I'm Unlost and I wrest all kinds of nailbiter stories out of my otherwise mundane existence!

I'm sure you will, too.

Just watch out for the smoking baby, he's older than he looks.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Hi Emily!! Welcome! :D

enjoy your time on the AET... careful of the porch, and steer clear of that moving train!
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    :wave: Welcome Crooked :D
    My name is he.who.forgets; I'm unemployed and I live with my parents ;) I'm born and raised just a couple hours north of Otown in Jacksonville. fan since the beginning but only a 10c member for a couple years now. see ya around!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Welcome.
    I expect this thread to go on 100+ pages like the welcome Shimmy thread.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

enjoy your time on the AET... careful of the porch, and steer clear of that moving train!

Good advice, I have been posting there in the last 3 days.
    That place only leads to me receiving warnings lol.
    I really need to stop.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Welcome.
    Ifeel wierd enough starting a post just for me so let's just stop at a few hellos lol.
    Emily
    Welcome.
    Ifeel wierd enough starting a post just for me so let's just stop at a few hellos lol.

I cannot see that happening.
    The last time a welcome thread was made it would not die.
    Luckily admin locked it.
    Welcome.

but how are we suppose to really get to know you if we stop at hello
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Welcome.

Luckily admin locked it.

i blame shimmy :P

:wave: shimmy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Hello and welcome :wave: :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    hi!
    My name is Jo...I am from an equally boring nothing-to-do-here small town
    but luckily was raised in a very interesting one before i got here (for the life of me can't figure out HOW i got here)
    pj fan forever
    old hippie deadhead :roll: yep
    Welcome :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Hi! My name is Ms. Haiku, aka Bibliobella. I dream of becoming a superhero librarian and cafe culture anthropologist poet. I accomplish my dreams :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    I have 108 kids and 4 wives. i live on Jupiter and I grew up in the most boring suburb in section 9v1b
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732

pretty much sums it up
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    beat it newbie,,,,,
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    hello!

I live in a really s#itty small town...the news dubbed it 'Seattle's own Detroit' (how does THAT make you feel Detroit people?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    hello!

I live in a really s#itty small town...the news dubbed it 'Seattle's own Detroit' (how does THAT make you feel Detroit people?
    Does it smell bad like detroit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    hello!

I don't know what Detroit smells like..does that mean our resident 'very good looking man' smells too? :lol:
    (there is a waste water treatment plant nearby, and it smells especially aromatic on hot days)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    hello!

I don't know what Detroit smells like..does that mean our resident 'very good looking man' smells too? :lol:
    (there is a waste water treatment plant nearby, and it smells especially aromatic on hot days)

they have a refinery on the south side of the city. as you drive into it on I-75, it's on the first things you see. makes it stink....

sort of like gary indiana
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    they have a refinery on the south side of the city. as you drive into it on I-75, it's on the first things you see. makes it stink....

sort of like gary indiana

all I know is that it doesn't stink like it does in Tacoma-yeah I'm looking at YOU snow board rider! :lol:

wiki:
    Beginning in the 1930s, Tacoma became known for the "Tacoma 'roma", a distinctive, acrid odor produced by paper manufacturing on the industrial tide flats. In the late 1990s, Simpson Tacoma Kraft reduced total sulfur emissions by 90%. This largely eliminated the problem; where once the aroma was ever-present, it is now only noticeable occasionally, primarily when the wind is coming from the east.

- Christopher McCandless
    LOCK!
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Welcome.

Let's try! ;) Let's just keep the hazing to a minimum this time, okay? :lol:
    I feel weird enough starting a post just for me so let's just stop at a few hellos lol.

In the words of 81, "Then you chose wrong." ;):lol:
    81 wrote:
    Luckily admin locked it.
    i blame shimmy :P
    :wave: shimmy

:wave: 81

blame away, I can take it! :shifty: :lol:

WELCOME TO YOU, THE CROOKED HEART! Let the addiction commence! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Hazing doesn't bother me. Everyone needs to feel superior at some point. ;) I'm just not big on attention in general.
    Emily