Lonely Lady Gaga in a pearl jam

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 6091921090

Yes the title of the article had me looking twice......
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Lady Gaga and Pearl Jam in the same sentence makes me "gag"a :lol:
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    She makes me sick.
    Every single commercial is about her now because she is here in Australia.
    Why can't she dress like a normal person, dressing like that to get attention. :roll:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    She makes me sick.
    Why can't she dress like a normal person, dressing like that to get attention. :roll:

:lol: Maybe she doesn't dress like a "normal person", because she doesn't want to? (Seriously, what is a normal person anyway? And why should everyone dress like one?) And so what if she dresses how she does to get attention? What does that matter to you (or anyone else)? There are far more idiotic ways some "celebrities" these days seek attention.

I personally really, really like Lady Gaga, I think she's talented. I don't care what she wears, I enjoy her music.

I realise it can get annoying when something you're not personally a fan of is everywhere in the media etc, but if it's not Lady Gaga, it's gonna be something else..
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Wearing meat is not normal.
    Getting around in an egg shell is not normal.
    Her music is a rip off of Madonna.
    Does she even write her own lyrics and compose her own music?
    Wearing meat is not normal.
    Getting around in an egg shell is not normal.

You say that like all she does is sit in an egg in her meat-dress is all she does. Sure, she likes to shock people every now and then, I'm sure, to get a reaction out of fans and critics alike. She's doing her own thing and she is an entertainer, a performer, you can't tell me she's the first one to do outrageous things.
    Her music is a rip off of Madonna.

As far as I know, only the one song is similar. And from what I've read, Madonna is fine with it.
    Does she even write her own lyrics and compose her own music?

Yes.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I don't know anything about her music, and I know she is very well educated, I just don't like the whole "shock" factor stuff. Just don't get it.
    I don't know anything about her music, and I know she is very well educated, I just don't like the whole "shock" factor stuff. Just don't get it.

I can't say that I get it everytime. But then I just shrug and enjoy the tunes. Just like back in the days of my youth, I enjoyed Limp Bizkit even though I always thought Fred Durst was a bit of a jackass. :? :lol:
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Lady Gaga says she slept with a string of pearls on the first night of her Australian promotional tour because she felt lonely. Picture: Craig Greenhill The Courier-Mail

OMG when i first started reading this caption my brain got ahead of my eyes and it occurred to me that i really didn't want to read the words that came after "lady gaga says she slept with...." after reading the Pearl Jam caption! phewwwww..... geez man, that was a scare

i don't particularly like gaga BUT

my son (who also is not a fan) pointed this out to me when she was on ..something...SNL I wanna say?

he said:

Son: Lady Gaga is a genius, you have to admit
    Me: Um....No???
    Son: Well, hear me out
    Son: * Do you like her music?
    Me: No, not particularly
    Son: * Do you know anything about her?
    Me: Not really, except that Johnny Depp seems to like her and she travels around in an egg
    Son: * Do you think she's weird
    Me: well......
    Son: * So you don't like her and you think she's odd right?
    Me: well.....
    Son: * You are watching her right now anyway...with your mouth hanging open I might point out....????
    Me: well, yeah
    Son: * Exactly my point...Lady Gaga is a genius
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    She makes me sick.

What music star hasn't done anything crazy to get attention? C'mon now why so judgemental?
    The woman is eccentric so what? If it bothers you THAT much then turn the channel, turn the station.
    But, honestly, if she hasn't done anything to you personally then maybe what is making you sick
    is something more internal.

I wonder if the members of Pearl Jam are as judgemental as you are?
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    StillHere wrote:
    Lady Gaga says she slept with a string of pearls on the first night of her Australian promotional tour because she felt lonely. Picture: Craig Greenhill The Courier-Mail

OMG when i first started reading this caption my brain got ahead of my eyes and it occurred to me that i really didn't want to read the words that came after "lady gaga says she slept with...." after reading the Pearl Jam caption! phewwwww..... geez man, that was a scare

my son (who also is not a fan) pointed this out to me when she was on ..something...SNL I wanna say?

he said:

Me: Not really, except that Johnny Depp seems to like her and she travels around in an egg
    Son: * You are watching her right now anyway...with your mouth hanging open I might point out....????

i don't get it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

he said:

i don't get it

he's saying gaga is genius because even though you might not like her style or her music you are still watching her....its like a train wreck..you don't want to look but you can't help yourself
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    StillHere wrote:
    he's saying gaga is genius because even though you might not like her style or her music you are still watching her....its like a train wreck..you don't want to look but you can't help yourself

still don't get it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    She's awesome .. love her music... love her!

She was great on SNL ... great comedic timing
    multi- talented

in time she may strip it down, change her persona, in interviews she is very natural
    with great opinions on freedom of choice

she is a voice for those who want to be or are struggling with
    being out of the norm
    bless her heart

I hope she sticks around

love the pearl story .... I get it
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    she's garbage.

the most disturbing thing about this article was the editor, or whoever came up with the title, clearly has never heard of pearl jam (the band). :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    She makes me sick.

What music star hasn't done anything crazy to get attention? C'mon now why so judgemental?
    The woman is eccentric so what? If it bothers you THAT much then turn the channel, turn the station.
    But, honestly, if she hasn't done anything to you personally then maybe what is making you sick

I don't know maybe they are, maybe they aren't.

I can't recall Eddie or any of the boys in PJ or any other artists I like resorting to dressing like an idiot to gain attention.
    They gained/gain attention through fantastic albums and fantastic concerts.
    That's how music was done back in the day and is still done today by a few.

BTW, who are you? what was your old username?

I don't know maybe they are, maybe they aren't.

I can't recall Eddie or any of the boys in PJ or any other artists I like resorting to dressing like an idiot to gain attention.
    They gained/gain attention through fantastic albums and fantastic concerts.
    That's how music was done back in the day and is still done today by a few.

You have to remember, though, that she is a pop artist while Pearl Jam are a rock band. These genres are completely different, when it comes to the music and the culture.

Pop stars usually have a whole package, the tunes and the look, which is not the case with rock stars/bands.

In that sense, nothing has changed since "back in the days". :D
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    pandora wrote:
    She's awesome .. love her music... love her!

She was great on SNL ... great comedic timing
    multi- talented

in time she may strip it down, change her persona, in interviews she is very natural
    with great opinions on freedom of choice

she is a voice for those who want to be or are struggling with
    being out of the norm
    bless her heart

I hope she sticks around

love the pearl story .... I get it

:clap:

Very well said!

I think she's awesome too...love her music...she's very smart and talented
    I think a lot of people/kids who aren't seen as "normal" love her because she seems very geniune in her message and loyal to her fans
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392

come on, really? surely some of the hats jeff wore back in the day had to be for shock value only right? right? and i recall stone wearing nothing but orange one time on letterman. and what's with all the flannel? and the long johns under shorts and big army boots? all the kids in seattle couldn't have dressed like that?

but really if you want to get down to it, check out some of the shit the boys wore when they were in mother love bone, and Andrew Wood getting about calling himself Landrew the Love God. The way i see it, it's not much different to the Gaga's of the world today.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    Threefish, that is different without being extreme or over the top.
    I don't have a problem with artists showing some character and being funny/whacky.
    But what Gaga does is just way too extreme and crying for attention.
    Her fashion doesn't even make sense.
    Threefish, that is different without being extreme or over the top.
    I don't have a problem with artists showing some character and being funny/whacky.
    But what Gaga does is just way too extreme and crying for attention.

(High) Fashion as a whole doesn't usually make much sense. :lol:

ha ha, clearly you haven't seen half the shit that goes on during fashion week in paris. fashion does not make sense period. it's a form of art. most of it is not for practical wear. you don't pop down to the shops, or even go to a high class ball wearing the stuff that goes down a runway, yet it is a million dollar industry.

ha ha, clearly you haven't seen half the shit that goes on during fashion week in paris. fashion does not make sense period. it's a form of art. most of it is not for practical wear. you don't pop down to the shops, or even go to a high class ball wearing the stuff that goes down a runway, yet it is a million dollar industry.

I always see footage from these catwalks on the news and I always think to myself who in their right mind would wear something like that.
    I don't get why fashion designers design clothes that people (other than Gaga) would wear.

I always see footage from these catwalks on the news and I always think to myself who in their right mind would wear something like that.
    I don't get why fashion designers design clothes that people (other than Gaga) would wear.

Because it's an art form, it's about creativity. Don't forget that for every crazy-out-there collection they design, there's a wearable one too, for normal people. ;)

exactly, it's art, it's all subjective. whether it be a dress or a picture on a wall, i might look at it and say "it looks like my dog through it up on the carpet" where the guy standing next to me might say "it's genius, look at the use of colors and textures"

i'm not saying i like gaga and her music, to be honest i've heard very little. but if the next guy wants to like her and think shes a genius it don't bother me. i think i've brought up a similar point when people here were ragging on that little justin bieber kid. nothing he does bothers me cause i don't waste my time on it.
    I always thought the purpose of fashion design is to design clothes that people will actually wear.
    I always thought the purpose of fashion design is to design clothes that people will actually wear.

And that's what they do. But they also have those crazy, super-artsy collections that are mainly just the products of creativity and mostly enjoyed only on the runway.
    I wonder if fashion designers do some drugs to unlock their creativity lol
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    She makes me sick.

Eddie Vedder + Good Charlotte + MSG + Popsicle sticks = your answer....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    The crazy, artsy, clothes are called Couture and usually there is only 1 made and most of the time it is for someone specific