Options

I hope someday you´ll have a beautiful life...

into the jaminto the jam Posts: 54
edited August 2008 in The Porch
It doesnt make any sense when eddie sings black and changes the lyrics and sing hope instead of know, ´cause to say I hope someday you´ll have a beautiful life.... and then... but why cant be mine...,

I dont know, to hope something and then ask why has to be that way..., for me its a little confusing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I think when he sings "hope" he's wishing the best for the person, but asking "why" more in disappointment than in a search for an actual answer. I think we all wonder "why" a relationship doesn't work, especially when there are strong feelings involved; like, why wasn't I enough?

I feel like I know what I'm trying to say, but for some reason having a hard time saying it...
  • Options
    Kimberlee, I get what you're saying, and I totally agree.

I don't think hoping someone finds happiness somewhere else and being devastated that their happiness isn't with you are necessarily incompatible. You can truly wish for someone to find their happiness and wish it was with you, and yet you can know that if they stay with you, they're not happy. You can be unselfish and want them to move on for their own sake while wishing the circumstances were different.

I'm not sure if I clarified it any more than you already did, Kimberlee, but I tried!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    yea...he really wants to be with her and is absolutely devasted that it just cannot be that way....so rather than wish she goes to hell or something, since he still loves her but cannot have her, he hopes she goes on to live a beautifull life eve if it is "in someone elses sky." it may sound confusing, but when you are in the middle of going through the end of a relationship like that your whole world is confusing.....lol...did that make any sense?

btw--this is my fav pj song. i love it. but it always makes me think of my ex from college. its like that is her song and the current girlfriend has to have some other song. does that one make any sense?! lol
    chinese-happy.jpg