Options

same exciment?

into the jaminto the jam Posts: 54
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Do you feel the same exciment with any other new record band as with pearl jam?

Like for example, Im excited with the new Metallica album but its not even compared with the feelings that I get with a new pearl jam album
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I like alot of different bands but the anticipation of hearing "new" Pearl Jam basically trumps everything else. No one excites me the way Pearl Jam does musically

Queens of the Stone Age are probably the only band that comes even close in that regard. But that being said... I haven't really enjoyed their last 2 albums as much as previous albums.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,948
    tragically hip for me comes close, but of course im always most interested to hear what new PJ sounds like.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    hahahaha
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • Options
    blueeyedevilblueeyedevil Posts: 173
    The last thing I anticipated as much as a Pearl Jam release was the "With the Lights Out" box from Nirvana. I do look foward to new releases from my favorites, but nothing close to Pearl Jam. The way the band changes directions with each new release, and the consistant quality of their material, make each new record an "event" for me.
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    i used to look forward to new nin but he puts out an album every 2 months now so it's not as exciting. i still love them all but other bands like tool i get excited for but not as excited as new pearl jam. i think most of the excitement for pearl jam is knowing there is going to be a long tour afterwards. i have to say i am pretty pumped for the new kings of leon.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    i always buy two, just to support the cause
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I think I would if any other bands I'm in to were putting out new music.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    No other band no matter how good will get the feelings that i get when a new PJ album is coming out. The anticipation is the greatest.
    That being said some albums I was really excited for were The Raconteurs (Consolers of the Lonely (amazing album)),Opeth (Watershed), My MOrning Jacket (Evil Urges), and a lot more.
    And all of those albums above were really good so I might be even more excited for their next release, but not as much excited as i am for the new Pearl jam CD. LIke someone said before PEarl Jam New CD> anybody new CD
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II