Options

Got A Cool New Book

edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Got a book from my kids for Mother's Day. It's called "Lyrics by Sting" & it is the words to every song he has written plus a little history behind the individual songs. Kinda reads like a book of poetry. (BTW - don't tell me you don't like Sting - to each his own - that's not where I'm going with this...)

ANYWAY, my first comment upon opening the book was, wouldn't it be cool if they had a Pearl Jam book like this.....

I like listening to their music & making up my own interpretations of the songs, but I would like to hear the bands perspectives on it, what they are really writing about, why they wrote it.
"I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    I'd definitely buy such a book! I'm sure there would still be some riddles in each song.
    Btw, Sting is cool, wanted to marry him when I was 17 (long time ago) ...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    *Humor Alert*

The following quote would be applied for every song:

"When I wrote "fill in the blank", it was to convey my dissatisfaction with Republicans."

The End.