MAC smarty pants... please help

CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Any smarty pants out there able to help me fix my mac book pro?! It doesn't read discs anymore... makes a funky sound and ejects them.... PLEASE help :(
"I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    pretty please... I'm ready to scream :cry:
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    Have an Apple store nearby? I would probably make a genius bar appointment. If not, maybe a third party store can take a look at it?
    yeah... suppose I'll head there tomorrow... I was just there today for my damn Ipod.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    steve jobs wrote:
    clearly, this is a operator error. Apple products are perfect

:o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I can help......buy a PC......... ;)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The 81 wrote:
    steve jobs wrote:
    clearly, this is a operator error. Apple products are perfect

:o
    hahahhahaha
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    throw it out and get a PC .

start there and PM me when its done . ;)
    you have no idea how mad PCs make me.... although my Mac is pissing me off lately it has given me no where near the trouble a PC has and I've had it for over 5 years. I'm currently frustrated because I'm having a month where I break any electrical item I touch. In the same day my Ipod 160 gig died and the microwave died. Today I replaced my ipod, bought new music and can't get it on my damn computer to my ipod. Sorry if I'm unable to laugh... I'm borderline in tears from frustration. This is when my ex husband was good for something. Christ, I can do any manual labor but throw technology at me and I'm a frigging cave woman... I think I need to become Amish.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    the amish are frauds.
    www.myspace.com
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    First of all, it's not iTouch: it's iPod Touch

secondly, perhaps it's the disks themselves. I've had a few that wouldn't burn my stuff. Did you go cheap on them? Did you try other discs?
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    It sounds like your cd/dvd drive is bad.

is it still under warranty? did you buy applecare? if not it will cost you a couple bills to fix it. I can look around the boxes we have in the basement to see if there is an extra drive hanging about.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Try Apple store
    Reboot computer
    Re install os x
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    brother123 wrote:

secondly, perhaps it's the disks themselves. I've had a few that wouldn't burn my stuff. Did you go cheap on them? Did you try other discs?

This came to my mind too. There was a certain brand that my Mac didn't like - it wouldn't play dvd/cds burned on that brand- it just ejected them as the OP describes. I can't remember which brand though, now.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    Thanks! I'm not sure if apple care is still valid, my ex handled all this stuff. I'm gonna take it in today and see how much it costs.... I'm scared! LOL!

*it's all cds and dvds.... Sounds like a hungry muppet when I put them in and then it spits them out.

*i never mentioned an Ipod touch.
    brother123 wrote:

I was saying I break everything I touch... Not referencing an apple product.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I don't think it's your discs if you've tried a bunch of different ones and the same thing happens. I think it's your drive; you're going to have to bring to an Apple repair.