It's never too late to say thank you . . .

PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Back in October of ’09, I found a change purse outside the Spectrum after the Friday night show. It contained a Florida driver’s license and a Visa credit card. My friends and I desperately tried checking the social websites to see if we could find her because we were concerned she would not be able to get back on a plane to Florida without her identification.

Our search was unsuccessful, so I just mailed the documents back to the address written on the driver’s license.

I never heard anything back, which was fine, except I was wondering if it ever got back to the right person.

Well, today in the mail, I received a lovely thank you card and an explanation that she has misplaced my address and only when she recently moved, did she come across it.

Turns out she’s a bit of a celebrity, she is Miss Largo 2011, and will be competing for Miss Florida sometime in July.

She is also a budding musician and sent me a link to her website. http://www.KateJudgeMusic.com.

She was also kind enough to send a Dunkin Donuts gift card for my troubles.

I figured I might as well pass on her info and give her a little exposure to all you folks. I have no idea what kind of music it is, but I thought it would be a nice gesture.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    mmmm....Dunkin Donuts
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    check out her website guys, she's what you would call "smokin hot"

and I'm a woman :lol:
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    She is extremely attractive. She's not a bad singer. And if you found her stuff outside of the Spectrum, she's obviously a Pearl Jam fan. And she took the time to thank you when she was finally able to.

I'm in love

AND a Jersey girl.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
    It appears she is a PJ fan, as I'm perusing her website, she mentions PJ in her Kate page. :D
  • jasonjason Posts: 468
    A beauty queeen who loves Pearl Jam??? If she like NFL football, I am in love! I wonder if she will cover Black or Jeremy for the talent portion of the pageant? That would be icing on the cake. Good story and a better ending with donuts!
  • Not so smokin' hot on the outside but her gesture of sending you a thanks makes her
    more than a decent human being.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    that's a nice surprise.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me

hence the :shock: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

hence the :shock: :lol:

thanks for the clarification. :D

After all this time, she really didn't have to to do it, so yeah, it was a nice surprise
    hmmm...

i wonder if she is a member here :?: somebody go find her
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    hmmm...

i wonder if she is a member here :?: somebody go find her

I sent her an email via her website telling her I passed her thank you and website info on to the PJ website. We'll see if she's familiar, if she replies that is.

I remember seeing her picture on the license and thinking she was pretty, but didn't know she was talented as well. :D
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    that was nice of her to thank you. you are a good person for returning it :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    very cool of you to do that and shes very beautiful, damn
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Great story, and yes she's pretty! Karma at its finest.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    she is rather smokin' ... if it had been me who returned her stuff would it have been rude of me to return the dunkin' donuts card (after all i own that company anyway) and ask for a pair of worn panties instead?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    A chick with a coin purse...

she is going to be that old hunched over lady in line digging in her coin purse for exact change.

i hate those people :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    The 81 wrote:

she is going to be that old hunched over lady in line digging in her coin purse for exact change.

I dig in my big purse, not coin purse, for pennies :) However, I refuse to write a check in a store any more since I learned from reading this forum, that young people are so annoyed by old folks writing a check and holding up the line. I am now annoyed too :D
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

I dig in my big purse, not coin purse, for pennies :) However, I refuse to write a check in a store any more since I learned from reading this forum, that young people are so annoyed by old folks writing a check and holding up the line. I am now annoyed too :D

:lol:

soon you will be annoyed by the coin people too. they are worse than check writers. if your bill is 32.45, just give the cashier 33, 35, 40, 50, or 100 depending on your bill situation and take the 55 cents in change. Take that 55 cents home and toss it in your change bucket and once a year go to the bank and collect your 100+ cash bills

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dunkman wrote:
    she is rather smokin' ... if it had been me who returned her stuff would it have been rude of me to return the dunkin' donuts card (after all i own that company anyway) and ask for a pair of worn panties instead?
    exactly
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    get her to join tenc so we can all become friends :twisted:

haha
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    DAYUM! :shock:

that's pretty awesome!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    yes...that was pretty awesome!

The fact that you returned said wallet, and that she thanked you!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I figured I might as well pass on her info and give her a little exposure to all you folks. I have no idea what kind of music it is, but I thought it would be a nice gesture.
    you PureandEasy are a wonderful person :D
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I love serendipitous stories like this!
    after she see's this thread, there is no chance she chimes in.... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg