Buy coffee for the person behind you.

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I just received this tweet from Barista Magazine:

Buy coffee for the person standing behind you in line at a coffee shop #RAOK [http://twitter.com/RoastMagazine]

On one hand what a great way to meet another person, on the other hand OMG! I would have to meet a stranger!

So, I asked my friend if we could go to a cafe together, and if she could stand behind me so i can buy her a coffee. :D

All depends on if she can go . . .
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'd do it...if the person in front of me bought my coffee.
    Pay it forward :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    there was a little girl buying a soda at the gas station the other day but she didn't have enough money so i gave her a dollar.... does that count?
  • I had this happen to me at taco bell last December. It was kind of cool.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I'd just go in there and stay in line all day, kindly letting those behind me in go front of me
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I just received this tweet from Barista Magazine:

Buy coffee for the person standing behind you in line at a coffee shop #RAOK [http://twitter.com/RoastMagazine]

On one hand what a great way to meet another person, on the other hand OMG! I would have to meet a stranger!

So, I asked my friend if we could go to a cafe together, and if she could stand behind me so i can buy her a coffee. :D

All depends on if she can go . . .
    that's cheating
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    what's really nice is when some kind soul decides to pay your toll costs for you, had that happen once. ANd I've done the "buy the guy behind you's item thing".. it always makes me feel good to make someone's day like that..
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I usually just say "it's on him" pointing to the guy behind me, then quickly walk away while making like I'm talking on the cell.

I'm starting a new thing called "pay it backward"
  • I usually just say "it's on him" pointing to the guy behind me, then quickly walk away while making like I'm talking on the cell.

:lol::clap:
    wonder if that would work in the drive thru :think:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I usually just say "it's on him" pointing to the guy behind me, then quickly walk away while making like I'm talking on the cell.

:lol::clap:
    wonder if that would work in the drive thru :think:

Even easier in the drive thru - if you're confident you have the faster car.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    what's really nice is when some kind soul decides to pay your toll costs for you, had that happen once. ANd I've done the "buy the guy behind you's item thing".. it always makes me feel good to make someone's day like that..
    my brother and I used to do this for people :lol: That was back when tolls were $1...at $5 you're just gonna have to pay your own toll
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    Read this thread last night and would have bought the person behind me their coffee if anyone had been in line behind me at Starbucks this morning. Was in a rush and didn't have the time to wait for someone else to show up. Maybe next time...
  • ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    I've had people do this for me before at the drive thru and it's a great feeling, I've also done it for others via the drive thru, but never in person.
    "Push me and I will resist"