Options

Long Island Vineyards

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited June 2011 in The Art Wall
becoming an annual tradition, trip out east for some wine tasting and taking photos...good times...

vines.jpg

tablesandvines.jpg

rows.jpg

roses.jpg

Raphael.jpg

perfect.jpg

Pelligrini.jpg

Pelligriniview.jpg

overview.jpg

orangeadirondacks.jpg

oldFord.jpg

LenzWinery.jpg

hydrangeas.jpg

gazebo.jpg

coreycreek.jpg

cloudsandvines.jpg

bistrotable.jpg

bigsky.jpg

barnview.jpg

adirondacks.jpg

:)
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    nice pics, my cousin had a wedding at a vineyard out east last month. what vineyards did you go to?
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    nice pics, my cousin had a wedding at a vineyard out east last month. what vineyards did you go to?

nice!
    hmmmmm...we went to:
    corey creek
    raphael
    lenz
    pelligrini
    macari
    mccalls
    think that's it for this trip.
    love it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    raphael...... i think that's where the wedding was....... small world
  • Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 203
    Holy crap that's gorgeous. What varietals do they produce? I live out in Oregon wine country. I can throw a rock and hit a vineyard pretty much....Or a church.
  • Options
    djjazzy276 wrote:
    Holy crap that's gorgeous. What varietals do they produce? I live out in Oregon wine country. I can throw a rock and hit a vineyard pretty much....Or a church.

it is!
    long island is best known for their merlots, but they produce quite a variety - pinot noirs, roses, cab francs, cab savs, gewürztraminers, sparkling wines, etc. i'd LOVE to visit oregon someday, portland and the wine country specifically. :)

bedell is probably my fave LI vineyard, specifically their Taste wine.
    yummy.

http://www.bedellcellars.com/

also ties in nicely for the art wall - barbara kruger designed the label for that wine. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 203
    So gorgeous. I need to get out there and see these for myself! You definitely need to get out to Oregon and try the Pinot's. I work in the tasting room at Lange Estate. Great Pinot's there.

www.langewinery.com

In the fall I'll be going to school to get a degree in winemaking so I can get further in the industry. It's all so fascinating.
  • Options
    djjazzy276 wrote:
    So gorgeous. I need to get out there and see these for myself! You definitely need to get out to Oregon and try the Pinot's. I work in the tasting room at Lange Estate. Great Pinot's there.

http://www.langewinery.com

In the fall I'll be going to school to get a degree in winemaking so I can get further in the industry. It's all so fascinating.

sexy! :P
    id love to learn more...i think i've spent enough on my useless education at this point tho, haha.
    i LOVE pinot noir....LOVE! probably my favorite varietal, tho i have mad love for some tasty malbecs too.
    some day soon i truly hope to get out to oregon, and you definitely should visit NYC and LI...so much to see and do! we have a small growing community by cali standards, but it's growing and yes, making more and more tasty wines. 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...