Options

Awesome 10C tix but can't make it to Tampa, what can I do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    perhaps a compromise that they could consider for next tour:

have a cancellation deadline; maybe 3 weeks before show. up until that time, with a legitimate reason, you can cancel your order and get a refund. the day after the deadline, they re-release the tickets for sale on the 10club site...giving people who missed out the first time(or who have decided they could make the trip) a chance to buy them with their own 10club number.

after the deadline, you would just have to eat the cost. it sucks that they dont do transfers anymore. it sucks EVEN MORE that the reason they had to stop is because 10club members were abusing the system and using underhanded methods to improve their seat location.(oh the stories i have heard.)
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    10C tickets have been going fast for a lot of shows these days. Lots of people are getting shut out. I think the sort of behavior they're attempting to discourage is people snapping up tickets, figuring out later if they can get to the show, and then crying for help when they can't pull it together.

I agree with this. Seems to be a certain (small) percentage of people every tour that do this. I would only buy tickets to a show that I knew I was definitely going to.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    mensane wrote:
    perhaps a compromise that they could consider for next tour:

have a cancellation deadline; maybe 3 weeks before show. up until that time, with a legitimate reason, you can cancel your order and get a refund. the day after the deadline, they re-release the tickets for sale on the 10club site...giving people who missed out the first time(or who have decided they could make the trip) a chance to buy them with their own 10club number.

after the deadline, you would just have to eat the cost. it sucks that they dont do transfers anymore. it sucks EVEN MORE that the reason they had to stop is because 10club members were abusing the system and using underhanded methods to improve their seat location.(oh the stories i have heard.)
    well, I think it is really the other way around..

if you really thought you could make it, chances are the legitimate reason will crop up much nearer the show.
    I know that the only thing that would stop me going, a family emergency, would not appear until the last minute (otherwise i could solve it before I go).