Google Plus

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone on this? its the just announced social network of Google. The google version of facebook basically. If any company is going to start a new facebook to rival facebook, and have it be massively popular it would be google, and only google.

Its invite only now, but do you think they have a shot? will this be a big deal?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    I will preface this by saying I do this stuff for a living and I haven't had a chance to read up on this too much. I was actually in an all day training/conference with Google today and haven't read too much. My initial reaction is very positive to this. Google has had many failures in the social space but I think I am a big fan of this idea. I really like the concept of sharing information with the right people and not just everyone. I do think that is a big issue with Facebook, people just have too many friends and there is too much information out there.

I know Facebook lost 6 million users last month, a lot of which were just the deletion of inactive accounts, but Facebook has a huge head start, a head start you can't really compare any situation to since the explosion of the web. I do think Facebook has peaked but I also don't think it's going anywhere. I don't really see Google challenging Facebook for a very long time. I think that Google will do a fantastic job of monetizing this very quickly though.

I think Google is going to be playing catch up for a long time, similar to how Yahoo/MSN have been playing catch up in the search engine space for so long.
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    At this point in the game I don't think it matters how good Google may make this, people aren't going to give up Facebook anytime soon. If it looks like people are going to like this "share with certain people" feature then facebook will just steal the idea.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i hear it's all guys.....that are tech nerds
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    i hear it's all guys.....that are tech nerds

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfj8RkraNfNQQlwjp1WsR03OwOG-9UWtT4TTm9LDCm-BEBU-rVOQ
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!