Options

Why Do (current) Pj Shirts Suck

billyshearsbillyshears Posts: 71
edited April 2008 in The Porch
first) they need to rerelease the alive shirt. it is timeless and certainly one of the most well known images of rocknrollia
second) all the new shirts are terrible!!! if you disagree, well... your wrong! they either have an ugly color or the graphics are, well , stupid not to mention the pearl jam script is always either too small or too distorted but always illegible!!! PJ are one of the most fan-friendly bands of all time it would be nice (although i suspect they don't care about t-shirts) to have something you can wear with pride (Endless Summer was pretty good and Avocado as well)..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I think the new shirts are cooler.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    I like the designs, although I wish they had more white and grey t's. Doesnt always have to be bright blue, red, or green.

I think just the inconsistency with sizing has been my issue. Some XL's are too small for me, while some L's fit roomy.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I like the designs, although I wish they had more white and grey t's. Doesnt always have to be bright blue, red, or green.

I think just the inconsistency with sizing has been my issue. Some XL's are too small for me, while some L's fit roomy.

And some XXL's feel like a XL.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    the main problem is the paper thin material they use lately...

my favorite is still the first 10C shirt with the pic of mookie on it... i wear that one all the time... followed by my orange binaural ape/man shirt...

the best one recently is probably the gimme T... nice color and the PJ is pretty subtle for when i dont wanna scream "OBSESSIVE GEEK" :D

basically i wouldnt mind an oldschool return to form... make it look like something jeff screenprinted himself... ditch anything from BK!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    sgossard3 wrote:
    the main problem is the paper thin material they use lately...

my favorite is still the first 10C shirt with the pic of mookie on it... i wear that one all the time... followed by my orange binaural ape/man shirt...

the best one recently is probably the gimme T... nice color and the PJ is pretty subtle for when i dont wanna scream "OBSESSIVE GEEK" :D

basically i wouldnt mind an oldschool return to form... make it look like something jeff screenprinted himself... ditch anything from BK!

Yeah, I must say, I like the thicker shirts too.

My Yield shirts have all stood the test of time, but my "patriot" shirt from 2004 is on life support.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    This would make a decent shirt. They should really hire me to do this. :)

http://www.rawpixels.com/pj_shirt.jpg
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    This would make a decent shirt. They should really hire me to do this. :)

http://www.rawpixels.com/pj_shirt.jpg
    ok whos gonna break the news to him?...

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ok whos gonna break the news to him?...

C'mon, it's better than anything else in the Goods section :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Their shirts do suck
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    hope maybe they do the orange surfboard on a white shirt. all i saw was black in DC.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    At least mine is clean and simple, the way a good American shirt should be, damnit.

:)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    THATS EXACTLY THE SHIT IM TALKING ABOUT (although i would flip fron/back) put that on black and ill give you 18 dollars
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Bring back the Binaural tour tops!!

check that:

the eddie designed shirt with the etched bombs/pineapples

and my all time favortie the Blue evolution shirt (which may be from the yield tour)
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    THATS EXACTLY THE SHIT IM TALKING ABOUT (although i would flip fron/back) put that on black and ill give you 18 dollars

I was thinking about designing my own PJ Shirt and getting it professionally screenprinted. Gonna need something good for June.

Something like this:

http://www.rawpixels.com/bluePJ.jpg
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    The T-Shirts on this site suck, except for the Mookie one. The concert T-Shirts seems to be good, though (or at least they were during the '05 Canadian Tour).
  • Options
    I'd like to make one like this:

http://www.rawpixels.com/bluePJ.jpg
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=13

my alltime favorite! the GR "ride the fuckin 6 pack shirt"! ive been looking for one of those forever... anyone happen to have one for sale??

i just want something simple like that... i love the green on white...

people love vintage shirts... why not just make the new ones look like that

oh and the "tree of life" shirt is pretty solid too... i like the bold yet simple font on the back (like my soundgarden "fuck happens" shirt which is impossible to ever wear out of the house :D)

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    sgossard3 wrote:
    [url]oh and the "tree of life" shirt is pretty solid too... i like the bold yet simple font on the back (like my soundgarden "fuck happens" shirt which is impossible to ever wear out of the house :D)[/url]

good read - just dug out a tree of life shirt i have had in my closet for years...had forgotten about it...think it is new
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I would like some made on American Apparel women long-sleeve shirts. They fit well. I don't really like boy cut shirts, and the girl ones in the past have been too short. I like a thin material myself.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    The best shirt EVER is the one with the playlist "taped" on the back. EVERY time I wear it someone comes up to me and tells me I have something taped to my back. I expect it to happen now every time I wear it.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    kh65 wrote:
    The best shirt EVER is the one with the playlist "taped" on the back. EVERY time I wear it someone comes up to me and tells me I have something taped to my back. I expect it to happen now every time I wear it.

lol, No Code tour.

solid shirt, holding up very well for a 12 yr old shirt.
    Like a previous poster said, i have shirts with much less wear from 04 and later that are practically retired.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    Does anyone have the green shirt where it says PEARL JAM in an asian style writing back from the late 90's? It is my favorite shirt of all time, but mine is so worn out from the amount of times I've worn it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    TimansTimans Posts: 34
    I have the green disease shirt and like it.

Thick material, simple, nice colour.
  • Options
    NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 242
    I have 46 unworn PJ tour shirts... I've been collecting them forever and have never worn them.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    I like the fist with boltz t from the last tour.

my fav is the orange gorilla t

huge difference between the ITW and the orange t

been looking for the classic stikman
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    well! I wore my Avocado shirt about two times and had to stop as it had shrunk and stretched...now its got pride of place...hanging up in our kitchen :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    Timans wrote:
    I have the green disease shirt and like it.

Thick material, simple, nice colour.

agree, I like the bandwagon shirt too.

hated most of the tour shirts through the years, though I love my avocado thermal.

I don't understand why ames bros can make great posters but they cant design a cool shirt.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    My favorite is my Mansfield '03 shirt - black w/ yellow soldiers carrying guitars. Awesome shirt.
  • Options
    not to mention the pearl jam script is always either too small or too distorted but always illegible!!!

It believe they do this purposely. It says pj without saying PEARL JAM scrawled across your chest.
    first)(although i suspect they don't care about t-shirts)

I believe they do care and that is why pearl jam is written small or blends into the image. It’s just perfect in my opinion.

I do agree, some the Ts in the goods section I'm not to fond of.
    can't escape from the common rule
    if you hate something, don't you do it too...
  • Options
    just got my Green Disease shirt and I'm happy as hell

i don't know what the fuck your problem is

.......smoke more weed, ok?

the shirts will be way cooler then

hahahahahahahaha

this is by far the most out there thread I've seen in awhile

those 10c T shirts rock
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07