Bam Margera on Ryan Dunn

PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Talking about it all now on MMR 93.3 in Philly. You can listen live, WMMR.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i saw on fb that he is on preston and steve?

please give me the cliff notes ...i can't listen at work
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Well, I’m not good at this but I’ll give you some tidbits.

He talked about being in Arizona and how he got the news. He said he was floored and immediately felt the need to be home right now.

He talked about how they met when they were 12.

He talked about how Ryan had flipped a car over with himself (Bam) and his brother in the car when they were 16 and he thought his brother had died and he was flipping out on Ryan saying you killed my brother. Then they realized the brother wasn’t dead but he was really hurt, and they talked about how Bam’s family still looked at Ryan as a son even after almost killing their own sons and that is a testament to how much everyone loved him and he was a really good guy.

Steve mentioned how Ryan had bad judgment that night but that doesn’t take away from the fact he was a good guy.

They talked about how the whole town of West Chester is in mourning.

He talked about Zac Hartwell and how he had been working hard on a movie and that it was almost finished and that he had been using Bam’s house for editing and that he had been there daily for two months prior to the accident.

They asked him the obvious question, do you think Ryan would want anyone to take anything away from this accident? And he said that was a difficult question, that Ryan drove fast, that’s who he was, but that he (Bam) recommended that no one ever get into a car with someone who has been drinking. Just don't do it, he said.

They will be doing something for Zac’s wife – a benefit thing in West Chester within the next week or so.

Again, I’m not good at this, so if anyone has anything to add . . .
  • Well, I’m not good at this but I’ll give you some tidbits.

He talked about being in Arizona and how he got the news. He said he was floored and immediately felt the need to be home right now.

He talked about how they met when they were 12.

He talked about how Ryan had flipped a car over with himself (Bam) and his brother in the car when they were 16 and he thought his brother had died and he was flipping out on Ryan saying you killed my brother. Then they realized the brother wasn’t dead but he was really hurt, and they talked about how Bam’s family still looked at Ryan as a son even after almost killing their own sons and that is a testament to how much everyone loved him and he was a really good guy.

Steve mentioned how Ryan had bad judgment that night but that doesn’t take away from the fact he was a good guy.

They talked about how the whole town of West Chester is in mourning.

He talked about Zac Hartwell and how he had been working hard on a movie and that it was almost finished and that he had been using Bam’s house for editing and that he had been there daily for two months prior to the accident.

They asked him the obvious question, do you think Ryan would want anyone to take anything away from this accident? And he said that was a difficult question, that Ryan drove fast, that’s who he was, but that he (Bam) recommended that no one ever get into a car with someone who has been drinking. Just don't do it, he said.

They will be doing something for Zac’s wife – a benefit thing in West Chester within the next week or so.

Again, I’m not good at this, so if anyone has anything to add . . .

Thank you for posting! I'm in NJ, get nothing but static on 93.3, and probably wouldn't have found this online.
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
    there was a lot more that I didn't mention, it will be available for podcast later today
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    thank you !!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID Posts: 895
    ohh thanks to bad im at work and cant listen
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823

wow, so i listened to it this morning.

I knew he had crashed and flipped the car 8 times long time ago ('96). Didn't know Bam and his brother jess were in the car and jess got tossed 40 feet.

He sounded pretty mellow and calm. Found it eerie that Bam started punching and tearing down stuff at pretty much the same time of the crash.

Also cool that Bam said in about a week they are gonna try and set up something for charity Zac's wife, bands playing and t-shirts and all. I would go to that since it's right near me. I'm guessing it would be at Bam's bar, The Note :?:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I would think so too, but I'm not sure the size of that place.

MMR will be announcing it when the details come out.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    On July 23 @ 7pm Please come and rock to honor the memory of Ryan Dunn and Zac Hartwell at The Note in West Chester - bands playing are: Shitbird & Friends (featuring 3/4 of CKY), Backwoods Payback, The Moxy & Black Cowgirl! Admission is $15 at the door or in advance through The Notes' web site - Thenotewc.com

In addition there will be a multitude of Silent Auctions and Raffles for items such as Tony Hawk signed decks, Autographed Flyers gear, Jackass/Minghags/Viva La Bam autographed set pieces, props, rare cds and vinyl, a free night out in Philadelphia all expenses paid, tattoos, Victory Brewing Company beer and gear, cash giveaways, 50/50 ticket pulls and more!

More info: www.weloveryanandzac.com
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA