Options

Eddy Garcia

billyshearsbillyshears Posts: 71
edited May 2008 in The Porch
wondering what you think about eddie's new hippie-like stage presence (dancing around, arms flailing etc.) . ive heard this dance, although never applied to eddie, called the greatfull dead twist or spin (or hippie twist/spin). what say you ?silly, cool, off-putting (honest this is my vote).

(especially interested in the younger fans opinions)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    djonesrdjonesr Posts: 73
    You must be referring to the spinners.

Groups of deadheads that would hang out on the fringes of the crowd at outdoor shows and in the lobby of indoor shows and literally spin in circles the entire set. I don't know how they do it! There was an incredibly powerful energy surrounding these groups during shows, I remember every time I'd walk passed them, I'd have to kinda hurry through or else you'd kinda get sucked up in the energy, and it would just be too trippy for me to hang when I was also tripping.

What really freaks me out about this thread is that in the early PJ days, their music always felt to me that it would be good for spinners. Theirs just something cyclical and synergetic about those first couple albums, reminded me totally of the spinners.

With that said, I never correlated Eddie's "spinning" with anything like that... just seemed like he was getting a bit drunk on that wine to me! :)

And you'd NEVER catch Garcia spinning..... no way! HA!