Options

10 poster threads on page 1

andrew the legendandrew the legend Posts: 210
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I have been to 50 shows. Front row many times. My name speaks for its self.
I have never even seen a poster or touched one. If not for this site I wouldnt even know they sell them. What am I missing? Does it really matter?

P.S. in 8 days I get a ride to camden and Eddie, Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt and Boom will come out and play. Isnt that 1 show and experience worth more than anything you can accumilate 100's of?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    I do think Posters should have own section, like porch.

Call it Silkscreen or something like that.

Does your thread make 11 or is that the tenth?
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Lizardking wrote:
    Does your thread make 11 or is that the tenth?
    dang, you beat me to it!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I have never even seen a poster or touched one. If not for this site I wouldnt even know they sell them. What am I missing? Does it really matter?

P.S. in 8 days I get a ride to camden and Eddie, Mike, Jeff, Stone, Matt and Boom will come out and play. Isnt that 1 show and experience worth more than anything you can accumilate 100's of?

YOU are not missing anything. Those of us who collect might feel differently but you obviously don't care. It doesn't matter if you have a personal preference to collect or not, each of us is different. Some care, some don't.

And for your last ? I would guess it depends on what you are accumulating. If It is 100's of wives and you live in Utah then Perhaps that is worth more than 1 show, if it is 100's of tadpoles probably not. (Although I'm sure there are some people who would prefer the tadpoles.)

For me I want the experience and the poster. That's just how I roll. Pun intended. (Not the drug roll at the show, but the poster rolled in a tube.... ah forget it...)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941

yeah, andrew the modest just wouldnt suit you. :D

and bring on the poster only forum
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    I can understand it, but I've never gotten wrapped up in it. I only buy posters of the shows I go to. I have three and I'm still on the lookout for getting an Alpine '98 poster.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

" i'll have a cheeseburger please and a whopper for my name "

"hey i can order my own food.. i can speak for myself"

"sorry name... go ahead "

"nah, i'm a fucking name... i cant eat food "
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    now this makes 11.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I own 1 poster. It was bought for me as a gift as I went to the show.
    I CAN understand the 'hype' surrouding them and should I fall on a large sum of money, I will be purchasing more. Some of them are absolutely stunning and I have to say, i'm really looking forward to moving and hanging my single poster and my boyfriend's collection (posters of shows he's been to) proudly on our walls.
    I do however, believe poster's should have their own section.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.