Options

PJ Fans & Terry Fox Run

giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
edited June 2011 in The Porch
Just wondering if there is any interest out there in putting a team together of PJ Fans to participate in the Terry Fox Run (Sept 18 at venues around the world) and raise money for the Terry Fox Foundation?

Here is the story...

I was just a kid when Terry Fox did his Marathon of Hope, and it really touched me. I had been doing the Terry Fox run for years, off and on. It then took on special meaning my dad was diagnosed with cancer and then passed away eight months later in April 2008. Now, there is no more off and on - I want to and and am dedicated to running every year.

At the 2009 Vancouver PJ concert, PJ did a special shout out to Terry Fox with Light Years, and donated $25000 to the Terry Fox Foundation. It was a moment that brought tears to my eyes, and that I will never forget.

With Betty Fox (Terry's mom) passing away recently, I thought it would be a good time to step it up a little.

Any interest out there to set up a 10C team for Terry Fox? It would be amazing if we could get enough participation and donations to surpass the $25000 donation from the band in 2009.

Thanks.

PS I am not too familiar with Wishlist, but I did some investigation and I do not think this would detract from Wishlist's efforts since the timing (pre-concert) and type of event (pre concert party) are so different. Appreciate your (gentle) feedback if you think there may be a conflict. Thanks.
"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."