Wilfred on FX

rjbukowskirjbukowski Posts: 117
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
If you are a dog lover, you MUST watch this show. Very well written and I did not stop laughing the entire episode. Enjoy!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Aussie show :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilfred_%28TV_series%29

The American version ain't the same as the original Aussie version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxu4J7-W ... re=related
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    I didnt like it at all. I didnt think it worked at all, even the dialogue
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
    manutd3581 wrote:
    I didnt like it at all. I didnt think it worked at all, even the dialogue

It is because it is Aussie dialogue.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
    A friend just told me the show was great. But I didn't think it looked too interesting or funny. I just don't get it. I mean, I get it, but I don't get it. It just seems like a lame, waste of an idea. I can't watch TV anymore. :? I'm upset I missed the premier of "Louie" season 2 though, I was really looking forward to it, and "Breaking Bad" next month! Woo Hoo!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I watched it and thought it was funny ... but, it seems like the premise will get old pretty quick.

The reason I watched it was it was the lead in to Louie ... which had me in tears (literally) within 2 minutes of starting.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I thought it was really funny, I nearly choked from laughing so hard at one of the jokes. Can't remember it right now, I'll have to watch it again.

Didn't know it was an Aussie show first but makes sense they would remake it over here like they did with the UK's Office.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    I thought it was really funny, I nearly choked from laughing so hard at one of the jokes. Can't remember it right now, I'll have to watch it again.

Didn't know it was an Aussie show first but makes sense they would remake it over here like they did with the UK's Office.

jason gann plays wilfred in both the aussie version and the american remake.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    Louie was great though I fucking love Louis CK
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I caught it last night only because I wanted to see Louie. I agree with the guy above me. Louis CK is incredible. Not sure if it was a season 2 premiere but it wasnt that great of an episode. Wilfred was pretty funny, never heard of the show before but i was diggin it.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    I still haven't seen Louie, maybe tonight.

I remember what had me cracking up in stitches.

They were in the backyard and wilfred had dug a bunch of holes, Ryan said something to him and Wilfred said, "are you talking down to me?"
  • Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    Just caught the pilot, hilarious! Agreed. If you own a dog, you gotta watch this show!

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jon Chorba wrote:
    Just caught the pilot, hilarious! Agreed. If you own a dog, you gotta watch this show!
    It's more like, if you smoke copious amounts of weed, you gotta watch this show. ;)
    It's a pelican!!

Elijah+s+dog+day+b6HcOGyAXAjl.jpg

This was a pelican!!

Elijah+s+dog+day+IUaVrfSoxvBl.jpg
    Jane Kaczmarek was hilarious on the last episode.

"Right bunny wabbit, wrong hole."

I fell on the floor laughing with my mouth wide open.

I can't find any video at the moment but when I do I'll post it.
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I like this show.

It can be hilarious at times.
  • my new favorite show.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • I've just started watching this show via Netflix and I love it. I have been cracking up watching it.
    I carried a watermelon