That's Mr. World Peace

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Say goodbye to Ron Artest and HELLOOOO to Metta World Peace ... Mr. Metta World Peace to you.

Yes, Ron is going the way of Cassius Clay, Lew Alcindor and Chad Johnson. Ron's filed a petition in L.A. County Superior Court to change his name to -- World Peace.

FYI, metta means loving, kindness, happiness and all that jazz.

We're told Ron wants to put the new last name -- Peace -- on the back of his L.A. Lakers' jersey.

These name changes are typically granted by a judge unless it would result in confusion or fraud.

Hey, give Peace a chance.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/23/ron-artes ... akers-l-a/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Where's World B. Free at when we need him? :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Didn't I mention recently how people fucking baffle me? Case in point. :?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    tybird wrote:
    Where's World B. Free at when we need him? :twisted:

first thing i thought of...ron ron not being original...batshit crazy, but not original ;)
    Didn't I mention recently how people fucking baffle me? Case in point. :?

i gave up on people years ago :problem:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Dude is infuckingsane. I would like to live one day with his brain.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    neilybabes boy

that judge better grant that request or else ronron will climb over the bench and put a hurtin on him
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    so if he gets called on a foul, is he gonna scream,'GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!' :?:

*insert rim shot*

(unlost giggles)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless