PJ Aetheists Unite?

2»

Comments

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Danimal wrote:
    I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what.

Can I make this my signature? Hahahahhaa that was great!!!

Thank you :)
    Go for it ON ONE CONDITION put quotation marks and ~ Thoughts_Arrive ;)

But, of course!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Haha nice nice, love the signature ;)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • So, Ive been listening to a lot of A Perfect Circle lately, in anticipation of a show in July in Boston that Im going to. Been a fan for years, but this will be my first time seeing them live.

I love the song Judith off Mer de Noms. (Lyrics obviously written about and for Maynard's mother).
    Thought this would be a fitting place for this song...

Video: http://youtu.be/yzf09PYSuhk

Lyrics:

You're such an inspiration
    For the ways that I will
    Never, ever choose to be
    Oh so many ways for me to show you
    How your savior has abandoned you

Fuck your God, your Lord, your Christ
    He did this, took all you had and
    Left you this way, still you pray, never stray, never
    Taste of the fruit, never thought to question "Why?"

It's not like you killed someone
    It's not like you drove a hateful spear into his side
    Praise the one who left you broken down and paralyzed

He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...

How your dogma has abandoned you

Pray to your Christ, to your God
    Never taste of the fruit, never stray, never break, never
    Choke on a lie even though he's the one who
    Did this to you, you never thought to question "Why?"

It's not like you drove a spiteful spear into his side
    Talk to Jesus Christ as if he knows the reasons why

He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    So, Ive been listening to a lot of A Perfect Circle lately, in anticipation of a show in July in Boston that Im going to. Been a fan for years, but this will be my first time seeing them live.

I love the song Judith off Mer de Noms. (Lyrics obviously written about and for Maynard's mother).

Lyrics:

For the ways that I will
    Never, ever choose to be

He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...

He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...

this is one of my favorite songs by APC...I had these lyrics posted on my cubicle wall...just the "You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be"...apparently some girl was snooping at my desk because I was asked to take it down :evil: It wasn't even printed huge...it was in 9 point font taped to my computer monitor.

yes, she was the reason I had it posted in the first place.

EDIT: oh and have fun at the show twisty, I'm going to see them next week...my 3rd time! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    So, Ive been listening to a lot of A Perfect Circle lately, in anticipation of a show in July in Boston that Im going to. Been a fan for years, but this will be my first time seeing them live.

Lyrics:

For the ways that I will
    Never, ever choose to be

He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...

He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...

this is one of my favorite songs by APC...I had these lyrics posted on my cubicle wall...just the "You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be"...apparently some girl was snooping at my desk because I was asked to take it down :evil: It wasn't even printed huge...it was in 9 point font taped to my computer monitor.

yes, she was the reason I had it posted in the first place.

EDIT: oh and have fun at the show twisty, I'm going to see them next week...my 3rd time! :D

Ooh. Do report back! Im so excited for this show!!! (Probably the only show i am overly excited for this year, just because its the only first-time concert i have lined up so far). And Im glad that its not an album specific show, because I love Mer de Noms, but Thirteenth Step is my fav. So im hoping to get a nice mix of both.

If i were crafty...I would make a shirt that had the APC symbol on the front, and on the back, i'd want it to say, "Fuck your God" in all fuzzed out font, to look like its being screamed. Black on White or White on Black. I can only imagine the amount of nasty comments that would be directed at me while walking through town. :twisted:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Ooh. Do report back! Im so excited for this show!!! (Probably the only show i am overly excited for this year, just because its the only first-time concert i have lined up so far). And Im glad that its not an album specific show, because I love Mer de Noms, but Thirteenth Step is my fav. So im hoping to get a nice mix of both.

If i were crafty...I would make a shirt that had the APC symbol on the front, and on the back, i'd want it to say, "Fuck your God" in all fuzzed out font, to look like its being screamed. Black on White or White on Black. I can only imagine the amount of nasty comments that would be directed at me while walking through town. :twisted:

I will! I will! I am quite crafty...I am scheming an idea for your shirt idea! ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

I will! I will! I am quite crafty...I am scheming an idea for your shirt idea! ;)

:o
    Oh man!!!...I will totally pay for your efforts!!! Let me know :mrgreen::D

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I didn't buy it when my mom explained god when I was a young child. It just created fear in me. Imagine being told when you are 5 or 6 that you need to worship this man or you will spend eternity in hell. I wanted no part of it or this world I had only spent a few years in.

Thankfully she's changed and I no longer live in fear of being judged by my "creator".

I'm agnostic though, because I want to believe in something beyond this physical world, just not the asshole described in these books written humans.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000

Lyrics:

For the ways that I will
    Never, ever choose to be

He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...

He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...
    He did it all for you...

All this reminds of is....

Bill, Ted: How's it goin' ladies?
    Princess Elizabeth: You're the ones we saw in front of the castle.
    Ted: I am Ted of San Dimas, and, uh, I bring to you a message of love.
    Princess Elizabeth: [giggles] From who?
    Ted: [thinking] From... from myself.
    Princess Elizabeth: And what is this message you speak of?
    Ted: Uh...
    Bill: [whispers in ted's ear] Lyrics, dude, recite them some lyrics.
    Ted: Oh, you beautiful babes from England, for whom we have traveled through time... will you go to the prom with us in San Dimas? We will have a most triumphant time!
    [princesses giggle]
    Bill: Way to go, dude!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    metsfan wrote:
    Any PJ members of the Westboro Baptist Church here?
    :raises hand: :P :lol::lol:

God hates Good Charlotte fans.

and yet the madden boys love God.. go figure. :shrugs:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say