Options

Should'nt Ticket Prices Be Based On Location?

freetibet1freetibet1 Posts: 35
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I was just looking at DC tickets and having been there - Section 400 is way up in nose bleed section - yet it cost the same as front row or behind the stage. I wish I had tried to buy tix earlier. Any other opinions?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    nope

sorry

it ain't rock and roll, man

stay cool
  • Options
    SueSue Posts: 36
    I think we're LUCKY!! That price is low--for the venues they're playing. Most bands would make that the nosebleed price and then jack it up the better the seats--some shows are $250 or more for good seats.

they took the minimum price and gave the good seats away for the cheap seats price!!
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Sue wrote:
    I think we're LUCKY!! That price is low--for the venues they're playing. Most bands would make that the nosebleed price and then jack it up the better the seats--some shows are $250 or more for good seats.

they took the minimum price and gave the good seats away for the cheap seats price!!

Yep, I don't go to many concerts these days cause they are prohibitively expensive. PJ have always done the right thing by their fans. First time they toured Australia, they didn't want their fans paying more than $35... I think it's incredible that 13 years later, tix are really only double the price I first paid... most other bands are $150-250 for 100s and floor.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    Yes the front row should be around 150, like most other top acts.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    well that sucks. in my experience with venues in milwaukee and chicago usually the ticket prices vary by section.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    should'nt the apostrophe come after the n?
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    should'nt the apostrophe come after the n?

OH MY GOD! Your'e correct.
  • Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    If you think about it, the ticket price they're charging is about right for the worst section anyway. So, it's actually very cool that they've chosen a flat fee regardless of the location. If you're in the upper deck, like I am, then you end up paying about what you would have normally. If you in any of the better sections, then you got a bargain on your tix.
  • Options
    You don't pay that normally in the nosebleed seats. In the past two years, I've seen Tool, Incubus, and the Chilli Peppers, ie, similarly popular bands, and they all cost less than what Pearl Jam is charging. Tool and Incubus significantly so, especially considering I had floor seats for Tool. Luckily I'm seeing them at Bonnaroo but I would have liked to have seen them at MSG as well. Too pricey for me though.