Options

Why doesn't Stone sing?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Not sure why Mankind has disappeared ... Stone's always been weird about singing, though.
  • Options
    ealasaid76ealasaid76 Posts: 95
    Aren't worth listening to. Are you referring to Chris Cornell? He happens to be a lead singer that can reach SEVERAL octaves.

I think I was talking about Stone doing background, mostly. The Mankind thing was cute, for a while.

I think I'd leave singing to a scream on a Brad record, or something.
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    last tour at continental nj 6/3/2006 stone sang "don't gimme no lip"
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    Iva... wrote:
    Errr...I know that this isn't what PJ fans want to hear (or so I was told), but ...followed any other really famous rock bands of the past decade? Methinks there's a certain lead guitar player who sings in five octaves and provides amazing backing vocals to a not-so-good-singer.

I'll admit that I haven't really followed popular music much in the last few years...but I have no idea who you're talking about. Five octaves? That's impressive.

I always thought Jerry Cantrell's voice was really good, both in harmony with Layne and by himself.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Whaaaaaaaaat! Silly statement man. You can't be serious. Stone is a riffmaster/legendary rhythum guitar hero who can solo... and there is nothing wrong with that.

Give me a break with that other stuff!

sarcasm detector on the fritz this week?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    yeah, and he doesn't play ball anymore cuz the NBA kept bothering him to sign.

LOL
  • Options
    Evo2010Evo2010 Posts: 90
    Whaaaaaaaaat! Silly statement man. You can't be serious. Stone is a riffmaster/legendary rhythum guitar hero who can solo... and there is nothing wrong with that.

Give me a break with that other stuff!

I was just being sarcastic. I love Stone. His not for you solo is one of favorites. BTW, anyone check out that beard hes got. Badass
  • Options
    F5F5 Posts: 791
    Mankind sucks. Period. I've always hated it. Nothing against Stone I love the guy but I just don't care for his singing. He is an awesome guitar player/song writer and thats what he should stick to. But on the other hand I don't mind Jeff's vocals.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    paddy wrote:
    It's because he's a crap singer. Lock 'er up!

lock 'er up? you mean that tone is a her? a she? :D

stone is gay, then... j/k
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    I vote for Stone to break one out already- at least 1 at MSg please!!!!!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    I'll admit that I haven't really followed popular music much in the last few years...but I have no idea who you're talking about. Five octaves? That's impressive.

I always thought Jerry Cantrell's voice was really good, both in harmony with Layne and by himself.

Umm....he's talking about John Frusciante.
    Duh.
    I thought more people would figure that out.
    Anthony Kiedis blows.
    He really holds that band back...he's not even a good lyricist.
    What I Should Have Said...Was Nothing.
  • Options
    chloe10 wrote:
    last tour at continental nj 6/3/2006 stone sang "don't gimme no lip"

They did the same song in Cleveland that same tour, and everyone started chanting Stones name after the song was over.
  • Options
    TauranTauran Posts: 89
    I was at the above mentioned Cleveland show in 2006 where Stone sang Don't Gimme No Lip. If you go to enough shows eventually you will here Stone sing a song. I liked his singing, but I really liked seeing Eddie as a backup singer (he sings "its just a problem" all weird and Stone goes "Whoo!" and its awesome) it isn't a fantastic song and the band knows that and the fans know that but its FUN.

I'd like to see Mankind sometime too, but honestly I'd rather see the band tackle "Pigeon" or "Bayleaf" off of Stone's solo album. It would be cool.

While they are at it, what the hell... let Matt sing some Wellwater Conspiracy stuff. If I heard "Good Pushin'" at a Pearl Jam show I might lose my mind from the sheer awesomeness.

That is all,
    Bill
    Cleveland '03 -Columbus '03 -Toledo '04 -Cleveland '06 -Pittsburgh '06 -Cincinnati '06 - Chicago '07 - Columbus '10 - Cleveland '10 - Pittsburgh '13 - Cincinnati '14 - Detroit '14 - Lexington '16 - Wrigley '16 - Wrigley '18
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Are you really asking that question? Did you hear the frontman's voice?

Summing it up perfectly, that's all there is to say. Close thread.