Money Market Accounts

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I the past few years, I went from earning like 4.5% to .095%...

How the hell does that happen? My earnings were paying my cable bill, but now I'm lucky to get a buck every month.

Is there anything I can put my money in to actually earn something?

And if not, when the hell will money market rates go back to where they were?

Should I just put my money back into a regular savings account? If people are going to use my money, I want to make a profit!

:?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Money markets are just for short term savings. What are your plans for the principal, when do you plan on using it. If income is your objective you should talk to a financial adviser as there are many funds that pay a much higher return. Be aware of anybody that has the answer for you before the get your full financial profile. Money markets and CD's are shitty ways that cause you to slowly lose purchasing power.

BTW, I am a financial advisor and I'd never give a specific investment advise w/o knowing your full picture.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rates fell like 3 years ago. i used to have a savings account paying 5%...than about every month they dropped it. that's what happens when the .gov drop the interst rate to 0 and floods the market with cash

so i put that money into the stock market. you have to have a stomach for that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg