Ryan Dunn R.I.P

westbrook36westbrook36 Posts: 279
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Died in Carr accident this morning. Damn had just watched JackAss 2 over the weekend. :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    RIP Random Hero...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    This should be over in the All Encompassing Trip area I imagine
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • R.I.P. Ryan, you will be greatly missed.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...All my hopes, anger, pride and shame...make myself a pact, not to shut doors on the past just for today,... I am free.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,151

It is:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=161252
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    this is pj related in a way. the jackass and CKY crew thanked ed at the end of the credits in some of their old movies
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Random_HeroRandom_Hero Posts: 380
    It is sad he died, however twittering a pic of yourself drinking then driving home speeding in your porsche wasted is beyond stupid. The real RIP should be for the passenger that he took with him.
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    It is sad he died, however twittering a pic of yourself drinking then driving home speeding in your porsche wasted is beyond stupid. The real RIP should be for the passenger that he took with him.

+1
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • grizahamgrizaham Posts: 338
    This guy will not miss that guy..

Two thumbs down to that guy.
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    R.I.P. Ryan. Not the best circumstance but sad none the less.
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525

Yep. I have sympathy for the family he left behind but none for Dunn. Anyone who gets behind the wheel under the influence deserves what they get in my book. There's no excuse for drink driving and I detest anyone that does it.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    boyo79 wrote:

Yep. I have sympathy for the family he left behind but none for Dunn. Anyone who gets behind the wheel under the influence deserves what they get in my book. There's no excuse for drink driving and I detest anyone that does it.

To take it a step further, I don't have sympathy for the passenger either. The only way I would feel bad for them is if Dunn somehow forced them to get in the car with him. Adults can make their own choices. I hope I'm not in the minority on this...
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    grizaham wrote:

Agreed. I never understood the appeal of Jackass.
  • Stryker wrote:
    grizaham wrote:

Agreed. I never understood the appeal of Jackass.
    Careful. You might get scolded to "show some respect" like I did in the thread in AET because i disapprove of his boozing and reckless driving combo. :roll:
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • while I understand all of the outrage and the "don't drink and drive" or " what did you expect" I just feel like regardless of the events leading up to the accident there are a ton of people really hurting over this. If I had someone close in my life that this happened to and had to hear some of these negative responses, it would be a hard pill to swallow. Like I said...I get it...bad decisions...bad outcome...but it is easy to throw some ignorant comments out when you are not the one mourning...RIP guy...
  • I dont believe any of my comments were ignorant. I feel for his family/friends and its too bad a young man had to die.

I wont continue to get into my thoughts on him. RIP
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • I dont believe any of my comments were ignorant. I feel for his family/friends and its too bad a young man had to die.

I wont continue to get into my thoughts on him. RIP

sorry...I should have been more specific...I was talking about ignorant comments on all sites, blogs, news outlets, etc...I was not referring to you...just responses in general...my bad.. really...sorry about that. I should have been clearer.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    What happened is inexcusable but it happened. I mean Andrew Wood and Layne Staley were guys who had issues who I'm sure hurt other people on their own path to self destruction but they are praised on these forums... rightfully so as artists. Luckily those two guys didn't kill anyone while killing themselves. I'm sure at some points in their tragic short lives they too got behind the wheel when they shouldn't have or put other's lives at risk along with their own. Who's to say Ryan Dunn didn't have a problem (which if you do some research he had drug issues). He made a mistake. A very big mistake. But to treat the poor guy like some monster especially less than 48 hours after his death just isn't right. Just my opinion. :(