Options

Bizarre EV Boston poster question

pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,128
edited June 2011 in The Porch
Is anyone else getting an intense chemical smell off this print? I first noticed at the show; I had it rolled up and had to keep it low when I was walking around with it. I was flattening it on my dining room table today and now my entire apartment has the smell, even with the windows open. I live on the second floor of a two family house and can even smell it when I enter through my front door on the first floor. I have dozens of posters and have never encountered anything like this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696
    pjl44 wrote:
    Is anyone else getting an intense chemical smell off this print? I first noticed at the show; I had it rolled up and had to keep it low when I was walking around with it. I was flattening it on my dining room table today and now my entire apartment has the smell, even with the windows open. I live on the second floor of a two family house and can even smell it when I enter through my front door on the first floor. I have dozens of posters and have never encountered anything like this.

I think sometimes it's the kind of ink used. I'm sure one of the poster pros can clear this up.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    fresh ink.

your dozens of posters probably were never that fresh.

love it.

mmmm
    fresh ink
  • Options
    Wow...crazy. 15 years in and I get my freshest poster to date. Howsabout someone get in the lab and create some vanilla scented ink. My nose hair is falling out.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    trim that shit
  • Options
    I recently upped my Biotin intake. It's only gonna get worse.
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
    HAHA, yes!

The whole show my wife was saying, "What's that smell?" before we finally figured it out. My folks were at the show as well, in seperate seats. Leaving, my Dad says "Great show, but my allergies are killing me, it smelled like they put down new rugs or something in the place." I put the poster to his nose and said, "Was it this?" And he said, "God, yes".

It is currently stinking up my apartment. Great poster though, love the image of the Zakim.