Options

Opening Band Kings of Leon

2»

Comments

• Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I saw KOL open for Pearl Jam in Oz 4 times.... loved every time!

So much so I saw them twice when they toured Australia solo recently!

Don't miss out!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    as the KOL like to say:

"we may not be your favorite band, but we are your favorite band's favorite band,..."
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    That was my third chance to see them live. I'm looking forward to a fourth in Va Beach with PJ.
    Nathan (drummer) is a show in himself!
  • Options
    they are the only "other" band i'd que to see,

Seriously get all 3 albums, amazingly simple yet so powerful ! Some of the strongest drumming and bass i've seen.
    formerly the artist known as MASSIVEOZPJFAN
  • Options
    TiaMija wrote:

my point exactly, wonderous !
    formerly the artist known as MASSIVEOZPJFAN
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    I'm hooked. I've listened to their new CD all weekend and it is really, really good. I am going to get their first 2 ASAP. Sooo looking forward to hearing them live. Thanks for all the responses.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    TiaMija wrote:
    He is quite the multi-tasker.

Smoking, wiping his face, tipping back a beer, chatting with his tech, I think I even saw him take a picture...all without missing a drumstroke.

That one's got talent.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    My brothers friend told me to check them out about two years ago. For some reason I didnt check them out till about 5-6 months ago. I wish I would have gone out and listened to them when my brothers friend told me too. They are a great band.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    as jazzed as i am about seeing pearl jam ... i am beyond about seeing kol again

thank you thank you thankyou pearl jam for providing (most of the time) quality opening bands
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I wish I was seeing them they are awesome. Instead I gotta listen to Ted Leo sing out of tune.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan