Options

Beyonce Rant

ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
edited June 2011 in A Moving Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mbPV7OA9s

Just thought this was interesting... :think:

The name of her website is kind of ironic...
Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Thanks for posting this, ShimmyMommy. Just a few hours ago I saw a guy riding down Main St. on a motorcyle. As he passed I noticed these words on the back of his shirt, "If you can read this, the bitch fell off the bike." I thought, yeah, because you probably pushed her off, hemorrhoid. Needless to say, I was not impressed with his sick sense of humor. So posting Beyonce's rant here is good timing!
    Thanks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    You are welcome and thank you brianlux. I never really understood why women are still underestimated as human beings in society after all these thousands of years. We were "granted" all those "rights" to shut us up and make us think we have power?

Without out equal parts of women and men, there would be no humanity.

She really does make some excellent points indeed.
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Another Beyonce rant. Maybe not as politically accurate…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZapc7rXATI
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

I liked this. :clap:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    I Love Women and women's lib, pick the damn box up yourself lady. :lol::lol:
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    That is the definition of a rant. Complain about others and the message they are spreading without offering any solutions ... well, besides these two:

"there needs to be a huge shift, but it's going to take some time"

and

"I recommend buying this feminist book"

Also, her website, Feministing.com .... man, better make sure you don't make a type in the URL or you may accidently see some things that can't be unseen. ;)
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

The name of her website is kind of ironic...
    I'd rather watch Beyonce' any day than that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmMU_iwe6U

it's entertainment, I think she is grand :D
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131

And quit bitchin and just actually look first and put the damn toilet seat down for yourself. Jeez.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,535
    all the single ladies...
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Interesting.. She does bring up good points.
    From Beyonce's standpoint, girls could quite possibly rule the world considering she's a gazillionaire. For her, anything is possible. Just sayin. :) (yes, she worked her ass of to get there, no doubt, but her plight presently is quite different than the average female). She acknowledges some of these issues, in a roundabout way, in her song "If I were a boy". But, yeah, I don't think the song that this rant is about is empowering in any realistic way.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    thx shimmymommy!!

it's part of the narcissistic epidemic sweeping the country ... people want to pawn it off as fluff but there's a reason why there has been very little progress when it comes to equality related issues over the years ...
  • Options
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Funny thing about this person making the rant, of all the things she complained about on how women are being held back, she left out one of the most important factors – women hold the progress of other women back more than any man because they are the first person willing to put another woman down. Her first sentence is proof of such.

Instead of using the song as a positive to say women still have a lot of hurdles to climb and someday they could rule the world – she went after the singer - totally forgetting that this is just a goddamn song, not a call for a political policy – not a UN edict – just a goddamn song.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    puremagic wrote:
    Funny thing about this person making the rant, of all the things she complained about on how women are being held back, she left out one of the most important factors – women hold the progress of other women back more than any man because they are the first person willing to put another woman down. Her first sentence is proof of such.

Instead of using the song as a positive to say women still have a lot of hurdles to climb and someday they could rule the world – she went after the singer - totally forgetting that this is just a goddamn song, not a call for a political policy – not a UN edict – just a goddamn song.

That might be somewhat true here in the US and many other Western countries...unfortunately the majority of women across the world still have much bigger obstacles to overcome than other women putting them down.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ju ... rs-protest
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    Suzi78 wrote:

That might be somewhat true here in the US and many other Western countries...unfortunately the majority of women across the world still have much bigger obstacles to overcome than other women putting them down.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ju ... rs-protest
    As a W.M.A, I cannot judge another religion's customs, or so I've been told. If I do, I have to find five things wrong with the religious culture most associated with me and get beat over the head with them while the original problem is ignored.
  • Options
    puremagic wrote:

it's not just a song ... if you understand how this narcissism permeates society - you will see that is an extension to a larger problem ... the kids listening to these song are constantly being told by their parents, by their peers, by their idols how great they are without actually doing anything to be great ... americans consistently rank #1 in one category - confidence ... despite any actual statistic or fact to back that ... this is what spurns the entitlement related issues we see everywhere ...
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    It’s not about where women live – the person making the rant – could have used it as a ‘positive’. Even with the hurdles facing women, she could have pointed the female world leaders

http://www.filibustercartoons.com/chart ... eaders.php

instead she went after the singer – she outlined the hurdles facing women as if women have to live with such - as they are forever doom to live in a ‘man’s’ world as less than a equal. Where is the positive in that for any woman, anywhere in the world? So what if women make progress a small step at a time – is that any reason to believe that they could not rule?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    americans consistently rank #1 in one category - confidence ... despite any actual statistic or fact to back that

All-time Olympic Gold Medal Count 8-)

Gold
    Silver---Bronze---Combined Total

United States (USA)---1016
    Soviet Union (URS)----473
    Germany (GER)
    Italy (ITA)
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    [All-time Olympic Gold Medal Count 8-)

Gold

United States (USA)---1016
    Soviet Union (URS)----473
    Germany (GER)
    Italy (ITA)

Medal count without the use of PED's
    Gold

United States (USA)---83
    Soviet Union (URS)----72
    Germany (GER)
    Italy (ITA)

fixed ... :lol::lol:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

Hey, the more PED's the better! The only time I can recall enjoying watching baseball was in the late '90's :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    polaris_x wrote:
    americans consistently rank #1 in one category - confidence ... despite any actual statistic or fact to back that ... this is what spurns the entitlement related issues we see everywhere ...

Huh? I am not following you.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Jason P wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Hey, the more PED's the better! The only time I can recall enjoying watching baseball was in the late '90's :mrgreen:

Not to get too far off the subject here, Jason P, but I must say I very much enjoyed watching Willie Mays, the Alou bros. and Willie McCovey and others with the S.F. Giants back in the Candlestick Park days... and to my knowledge, none of those guys used PEDs back then.

But to get back to the subject, how about those ladies who played for the real-life All-American Girls Professional Baseball League in the '40's. Check out the movie "A League of Their Own" to learn more about these amazing women.
    (No, I never saw them. I'm not that old. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Sorry that wasn't clear. Basically if there was a universal test. Americans would rank highest in terms of confidence in how they did. The results would show that they would be middle if the pack in actual results.

polaris_x wrote:
    americans consistently rank #1 in one category - confidence ... despite any actual statistic or fact to back that ... this is what spurns the entitlement related issues we see everywhere ...

Huh? I am not following you.
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    to the ranter

it's just a fucking song
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    puremagic wrote:

+1
    it was brutal. i made it to the 1 minute mark and had to turn it off.

on a side note beyonce is in my top three.
    1)beyonce
    2)alecia keys
    3)stacy dash
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,067

And quit bitchin and just actually look first and put the damn toilet seat down for yourself. Jeez.

That deserves its own topic.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options

:thumbup: Perspective is everything in this world. After a second look at the OP, I agree, the ranter did not need to bash Beyonce to share her information. The information is powerful enough to make a difference without tearing down another female to do it.

Thank you for posting everyone.
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    this message is right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM

some great satire right there :)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    inlet13inlet13 Posts: 1,979
    I think the woman in the video is the same person who is saying she's well-educated in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ufk8Gglw6Y
    Here's a new demo called "in the fire":

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" - In the Fire (demo)</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    inlet13 wrote:
    I think the woman in the video is the same person who is saying she's well-educated in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ufk8Gglw6Y

:lol::lol::lol: