Go the F@*! to Sleep

igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Who's reading this to their kids at bedtime?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161775 ... 1617750255
I miss igotid88
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,387
    Here it is read by Samuel L. Jackson. (sorry about the ad)

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/63270/Go-the-F-k-to-Sleep-read-by-Samuel-L-Jackson/

:lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I heard about this, I don't have kids but I thought is seemed quite interesting
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    It got a glowing review from David Byrne. What else do you need?

"A children's book for grown-ups! I really did laugh out loud--hilarious!"
    --David Byrne, musician, father of one
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Hahaha, I love this, and I know a lot of young parents whom I can give it to :twisted: Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Leeze wrote:
    Hahaha, I love this, and I know a lot of young parents whom I can give it to :twisted: Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

I'm sure they'll like it
    I miss igotid88
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,722
    I have no problem with this book... or any other book for that matter. They're just books- some better than others, but I don't believe in censorship. I also have no problem with the word fuck. In fact, as an expletive, it's one of the best. Ah, but there's the rub. The word "fuck" has become so common and over-used, it has lost it's power as a good expletive. It is also used frequently by people who have a limited vocabulary. By the end of the century the English language will probably contain no more than 2000 words and surely "fuck" will be on that list of words in an over-simplified language, but who the fuck will care?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    ~~~~

amazonbook.png

sleepbook.png

~~~~~
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    This is great. Two of my friends recently welcomed children....me thinks both of them need a copy but their wives probably wouldn't see the humor in it
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,387
    This is great. Two of my friends recently welcomed children....me thinks both of them need a copy but their wives probably wouldn't see the humor in it

My wife laughed her ass off. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749

My wife laughed her ass off. ;)
    Both of theirs are nuts though :lol:
    But i'm definitely ordering one for the one guy.....i don't have to answer to his old lady whether she thinks it funny or not
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    The book is funny, but too long (not many pages though)... Reading it, it is one of those things where after a certain point you laugh less and less.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I thought it was hilarious as a joke for parents-to-be... :lol: However, I don't think they would get it until it happens to them!! :lol:

And from my experience, when my child just won't Go the F@*! to sleep, he usually doesn't want to read a book either. :crazy: :lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    This should be the title of my life for the past 6 years!
    all you need is love, love is all you need