Happy 10th Birthday, Yield

2»

Comments

• I'm not gonna say happy birthday to an inanimate object.. sorry. Even though I do love you, Yield. I really do. You complete me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    LukinFan wrote:
    I remember buying this bad boy at a midnight sale the night before the release date. I miss those midnight sales, damn internet! ;)

Dude!

Did you stand in line outside CD Warehouse on Apalachee Pkwy to get it at midnight?

I was just telling my wife that story yesterday as we celebrated YIELD's 10th birthday.

Kinda nerdy, huh? But I'd still go to a midnight sale for Pearl Jam, even in this day of downloadable music. Wouldn't you?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Unfortunately, YIELD could not be here today to accept the warm wishes and the presents. Accepting on YIELD's behalf is JamilyMan. On behalf of YIELD, a hearty Thank You to all of you!!!

Thanks
    JamilyMan
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • 10 years fly by pretty quickly huh. Funny, been meaning to find myself a new copy to replace my scratched-to-fuck one for a while - guess the time is right...

p.s. 10 years and GTF *still* gets me up outta my chair and dancing everytime I hear it (kinda embarassing sometimes...)
  • jammerfall wrote:
    Yeah, Yield may rule, but what about that wallpaper! :D

gotta love wallpaper in that style
    Ive got a roll of bright orange in a similar design.
    waiting for it to come back in fashion
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE