265 Miles....

2»

Comments

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    The 81 wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:

I called the dealership last night and spoke to the gal that helped me buy it exactly one week ago (turns out she's a manager there), she promised me we'd work something out for another car.
    I'm sure it will take over a week to hear from my insurance company on what kind of OFFER they are going to make on this LOSS. I'm still amazed by all of this. I'm sure the "offer" won't cover what has actually been financed on this car. Luckily I opted to buy the GAP insurannce that will cover that difference but the more I think about it, It looks like I will lose out on the money I put down on the car when I purchased it. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Not to mention.............I haven't heard ANYTHING about what kind of insurance the moron that hit me has......or if he even does carry insurance.

with a car that new, i don't see how they can value it at anything but new. imo, the insurance company should call up the dealer and tell them to put the same car in your driveway, and the bank should just transfer the lien over to that car.

that would be complete bullshit if you lost out....ANYTHING....i'd be bitching up a storm if a single penny was coming out of your pocket beyond a deductable (if it ends up he doesn't have insurance). assuming he does have insurance, than his company should be putting a new car in your driveway.

I totally agree with you! I was told by my insurance company that I won't have to pay my deductible as this is considered a non chargeable loss for me. I'm sure my insurance company will go after him and/or his insurance.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    what kind of drugs was he on?
    maybe he'd be a nice hook up for a solid home-skillet like yourself
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Pix, sorry about your car :( To echo what others have said though, thankfully you and your family are fine. Hope everything works out insurance and new vehicle wise.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    dude. no WONDER i didnt hear from you last night. so sorry that happened. i exxxperienced the same damn thing a week after bridge school. :( it was hell. hang in there homie! :D

p.s maybe yellow teeth, nose pickin' kevin can chauffeur you around! :lol:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    PJPixie wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Damn, that is horrible! I am glad nobody was hurt.

Hi Joe!! I've missed you!!!

Missed you too. In the midst of 10 day staycation....needed time away from work to get my head sorted out!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    So, My brand new Kia finally got paid off. The GAP insurance never even had to be filed. My Insurance Company paid off the Dealer for the loan and gave me back my down payment. In the end the whole incident probably cost me about $20. So, I had to give back the Rental Car they gave to me on 7/7/11. I still had my old car so I started driving that again on 7/13/11 (I was on vacation for a week and didn't need a car). I was in no hurry to by another new car at this point. So, getting around in my old car wasn't too bad...........and then BAM!! I got rear ended by an 84 year old lady on Sunday 7/17/11 :(. My old car has been deemed a total loss and luckily nobody seemed to get hurt in the collision. This lady actually rear ended the guy BEHIND me (we were at a red light - I was the first one at the intersection, at the red light). She hit him so hard that he plowed into me, pushing me into the intersection.
    Luckily there was no cross traffic at the moment and we didn't get hit there. Unreal. The old lady was taken by ambulance to the hospital so I wasn't able to get her info. Got towed away, had to call in sick to work the next day, no car to get there. After some investigative work and lots of phone calls and hitching a ride to the California Highway Patrol, I was able to get a rental car thru this woman's insurance. Went straight to Urgent Care just to get things documented, in case me and my son had any injuries. We seemed to be fine, a little sore but not too bad. By Thursday, I had a check in my hand for what they claimed to be the value of my car (actually did pretty good there). I have to give the rental car back on Monday so I will be car shopping this weekend. Here we are 6 days later and so far, my son and I seem to be doing pretty good. The soreness is gone and nothing seems "too bad". I feel pretty lucky, although I'm a little apprehensive about driving. I feel like i have a giant target on me. Someone suggested I buy a TANK to drive.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

wow. i've been in a couple of the multicar stackups. suprised that your car being the thrid in line was totaled.

on the upside, you should be good to go for quite some time now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg