Options

TicketBastard is officially in the scalping business

boomhauerboomhauer Posts: 88
edited May 2008 in The Porch
was only a matter of time I guess, but now they've taken that "TicketExchange" bit to another level.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/neildiamond?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_home_4_f4

The sad thing is, its Neil Diamond fans they're exploiting, but damn... what they've done is what a lot of us saw coming, is that they've taken the ability of the average fan to get good seats away for normal prices, and forced you to pay a premium for good seats... ala scalping.
9/22-23/1998 8/9-10,12/2000 4/11-13/2003 10/8/2004 6/11-12,28,30/2008 8/12/2009 9/3-4/2011 10/11-12/2013

if [ "Eli was in the grasP in '08" = "true" ]; then
Brady Fumbled in '01
fi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    the only thing i like about ticketmaster is the two people that pulled my # for the first in line lottery for PJ in 98 and 2000.
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • Options
    Spark28Spark28 Posts: 64
    You do realize that Neil Diamond or his promoter okayed this right? Ticketmaster can't just take inventory and sell it on the ticketexchange.
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    i don't know if this was discussed already, but i just saw it today...

from atease (radiohead)

http://www.ateaseweb.com/2008/04/17/ticketmaster-scalps-radiohead-tickets/

For one of the first times since completing its acquisition of TicketsNow, Ticketmaster has begun scalping tickets by directing fans of a sold out show to its TicketsNow auctions.

TicketNews.com reports that people who were looking for tickets on Ticketmaster, are now being directed to TicketsNow, a move that some ticket brokers feared when the acquisition was approved by the federal government in February.

Radiohead purchased ads in print and on radio to promote the sales of their concert tickets on Ticketmaster, but after those tickets are sold out on Ticketmaster, customers using the Ticketmaster website see a page with options (screenshot at ticketnews.com), with the "Find Tickets" link directing customers to TicketsNow, which is listed as Ticketmaster's "partner site." However, TicketsNow is a secondary ticket seller owned by Ticketmaster.

Ticketnews.com reveals that a source close to the situation, who requested anonymity, a TicketsNow executive helped assist with the sale of more than $1 million worth of Radiohead tickets on the TicketsNow website, which at a margin of 25 percent allowed TicketsNow to generate a gross of more than $250,000 from the deal.
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    it's amazing, I just bought Ben Folds tickets and only paid $4 in service charges. Why? Because Ticketmaster wasn't involved. The O'Neill Center in Danbury, CT uses their own box office and a secondary web vendor (tix.concertmaps.com.) It also discourages scalping by making it willcall only. Of course, the show is in a college gym so they probably don't have the manpower to send out 3,000 tickets, but for once it was a nice change, not paying the face value of a ticket in service charges.
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Ticketmaster simply acting like the assholes at Clear Channel and gobbling up ticket distribution services the way CC gobbles up radio stations. No way they were going to let the Stub Hubs of the world have too much of the broker market.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff