Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    shadowcast wrote:

saw that last night.

i was too busy dealing with all my personal problems to post it
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    He's not really failing to measure up to Kobe according to that graphic.

Both have the same % and both had the same points scored through the 1st 10 games.

There are so many factors that go into this. Be it sports or news, crap snapshots mean nothing.

With that said, I hate LeBron and hope he never wins, so yeah, not a bad graphic for all of us that want to pile on.

I also feel there is Jordan and then everyone else. If LeBron and Kobe want to fight for 2nd best, fine by me.
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Wilds wrote:

Both have the same % and both had the same points scored through the 1st 10 games.

There are so many factors that go into this. Be it sports or news, crap snapshots mean nothing.

With that said, I hate LeBron and hope he never wins, so yeah, not a bad graphic for all of us that want to pile on.

I also feel there is Jordan and then everyone else. If LeBron and Kobe want to fight for 2nd best, fine by me.
    I hear ya but you can see that LJ is not a Killer/Closer. Maybe in the reg. season or first couple of rounds in the playoffs. Kobe & MJ are killers.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I think James is a punk and I also hope he never wins one.
    I think he's good, as are a handful of other players in the league...but I don't think anyone will ever been really close to Jordan in their careers.

Jordan's bad games (which were extremely rare) were still good enough to allow the Bulls to win.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    need to talk less and work harder and put team up than himself..only way to become champion
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Wilds wrote:

What that graphic fails to show is the most important "statistic" -- that after his eleventh game, Kobe had earned his second ring (as did Michael). After his 11th game, LeBron will still have zero rings.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    the timing of this movie quote is perfect.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGDfjPjdWg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • It was only his second finals ever. They also showed a statistic of Kobe's first 10 games in the NBA finals...those numbers are just as bad!

Look I am not a fan of LeBron but all the talk he is getting is very unfair IMO. Yes he played poorly but Dallas won because they were a team, when Dirk was playing bad last night JJ Barea, Kidd, and Terry took over...Miami never had that. Miami did not play as a team on the offensive or mostly defensively with no help defense. D-Wade never took over a game. Bosh only took over one half of a game. The rest of that "team" is useless.

KNICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS (get Steve Nash for a year!)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • JTH wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

What that graphic fails to show is the most important "statistic" -- that after his eleventh game, Kobe had earned his second ring (as did Michael). After his 11th game, LeBron will still have zero rings.

Kobe had 2 rings because Shaq took over. End of story.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    ...and a time machine, apparently.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JTH wrote:

if jason kidd can man the point of a title team, than so can nash
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    JTH wrote:

if jason kidd can man the point of a title team, than so can nash
    No, my point wasn't that Nash is old. My point is that for the Knicks to become 2011 NBA champs, they'll need to travel back in time to acquire Nash.

Y'know... cuz the Mavs kinda already are 2011 champs.