9/7/24- Philly, PA
9/9/24- Philly, PA
Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    hopefully someone shoved her into traffic when walking out of the ballpark that night
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i will never, ever, understand the fascination with foul balls...why do people lose their shit over getting a $13 baseball? because it was in a game? so what? a home run ball i can kinda understand because it actually means something but a foul ball? yay! you caught a strike! :roll:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    norm wrote:
    i will never, ever, understand the fascination with foul balls...why do people lose their shit over getting a $13 baseball? because it was in a game? so what? a home run ball i can kinda understand because it actually means something but a foul ball? yay! you caught a strike! :roll:
    :lol::lol:

that video is ...wow.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    norm wrote:
    yay! you caught a strike! :roll:

:lol::lol:

totally agree. i also don't understand the fascination w/ some of the ballpark giveaways. we usually give our freebies away to the first kids that we see that missed out on the giveaways. but some people hoard that stuff.

and yeah...that woman should be banned from ever going to another MLB game. that was ridiculous. poor kid.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Ha. I was at a Padres game a few years ago when the left fielder had caught a flyball in front of the fence for the final out of an inning. He flipped the ball to some kids playing in the "beach" as he was heading off the field. Some jackass who was sitting in the first row got up and stuck his gloved hand out above the reach of the kids and ran back to his seat.

We were sitting in the lawn section beyond the outfield seats. On the back of the batter's eye, they have a video screen where they were playing the TV broadcast (including audio).

The announcers spent a good deal of time showing the replay of the incident and talking about this dipshit during the next inning. They were debating whether the bigger offense was that he snagged the ball that was clearly intended for the kids or that he wore shower shoes to the game.
  • the look of excitement on that little girl's face, at the prospect of catching this ball

and then disappointment when that woman took it, right out of her hands

what a tool
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    you have to love the age of digital communication for this one, that dumbass is now forever labled in internet immortality....hopefully her grandkids look at this someday and say Gramma...you really are a bitch
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I was really, really hoping that was a joke and she was with the little girl.

:(
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'd like to catch a foul ball once. came close a few times, but no dice.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    I was holding my breath as I opened this thread... Afraid I would find a pic of me.

Fucked up!!!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    norm wrote:
    I know!! what is that little girl thinking???!!!

8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:
    norm wrote:
    I know!! what is that little girl thinking???!!!

8-)

my rant only goes for people over the age of 15 ;)
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I was holding my breath as I opened this thread... Afraid I would find a pic of me.

Fucked up!!!

oh dear.....repent now before it goes viral
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    She is the definition of a cunt.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,256
    Why couldn't she have fallen and the ball landed right on her head :evil:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Who's the A-hole who high fived her :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Who's the A-hole who high fived her :evil:
    Yeah, that's the worst part of the video, besides her stealing the ball.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'd definitely want to catch one, but would not want to take it home. I was at the game a few nights ago when a bunch of foul balls were coming at us. I looked around to see if there were any kids near by I could give one to if I did catch it.

I mean, it would be exciting to catch it, but it's just a ball. I don't play baseball, so what would i do with it? Shove it up my ass? :?

My thought after seeing that video, is maybe the lady was so excited, she didn't even realize what she really did? Everyone is so quick to string her up, but she may have been excited and didn't realize what she did until after. We all do stupid spontanious shit without thinking.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    norm wrote:

totally 100% agree with this
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    As a huge baseball fan, I would like one, but I would never take one from a kid.

All the Phillies games I've been to, and the closest I ever came was when I was on a business trip in KC and went to a Royals game. :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    If it was a MLB game, age is of no consequence on obtaining a foul ball. :twisted:

In the video, I don't think this is a foul ball because the kids are not sitting in their seats and look like they walked down for some promotion giveaway. That would make the lady a hoser.

But if it was a foul ball on a normal play, the little girl had time to consider the life lesson of "life is not always fair" while walking back to her seats .... she should probably work on her fielding skills as well. ;)
  • Gob wrote:
    I'd definitely want to catch one, but would not want to take it home. I was at the game a few nights ago when a bunch of foul balls were coming at us. I looked around to see if there were any kids near by I could give one to if I did catch it.

I mean, it would be exciting to catch it, but it's just a ball. I don't play baseball, so what would i do with it? Shove it up my ass? :?

My thought after seeing that video, is maybe the lady was so excited, she didn't even realize what she really did? Everyone is so quick to string her up, but she may have been excited and didn't realize what she did until after. We all do stupid spontanious shit without thinking.

hmmm that is possible, probably true too. She totally thought she was going to catch it and probably didn't realise it was a little girl who she stole it from. Too caught up in the moment at the prospect of catching ... a ball :o :roll:
    Oh well, at least she can get her 15 minutes of internet youtube fame now :lol: even if it is for being a "bitch"
    Upon further review....

The girl never actually had control of the ball. They both had hands on it, with the woman closing hers faster. That said, is it proper to reach into someones chest to catch a ball....however during the catching process, you have to stop thinking and let the body do its thing. Than five the ball to the kid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Jason P wrote:
    If it was a MLB game, age is of no consequence on obtaining a foul ball. :twisted:

In the video, I don't think this is a foul ball because the kids are not sitting in their seats and look like they walked down for some promotion giveaway. That would make the lady a hoser.

But if it was a foul ball on a normal play, the little girl had time to consider the life lesson of "life is not always fair" while walking back to her seats .... she should probably work on her fielding skills as well. ;)

I hate to say it, but I totally agree with this...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    The 81 wrote:

My mom "caught" one with her head, once. The ball ended up settling right at our feet but someone snatched it from us. I wonder where that lady in the video was in 1984?
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
    The 81 wrote:

My mom "caught" one with her head, once. The ball ended up settling right at our feet but someone snatched it from us. I wonder where that lady in the video was in 1984?

ouch....

my closest was way back at cleveland municpal in late 92. we had seats way up there, but since nobody was at the game and the ushers didn't care, a group of us moved way down closer to the action. of course after the move, a ball ended up where we were suppose to be sitting.

on the up side, i've caught fair balls in wrigley....that has to count for something.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    The 81 wrote:

My dad has a knack for "catching" baseballs and hockey pucks in a similar fashion.

I remember a ballgame we were at (can't remember if it was Wrigley or old Comiskey) and a ball went behind him -- between him and the back of his seat. He just leaned back to secure it while about 5 vultures tried to reach down and grab it. "Luckily" he had quite a few extra pounds on him at the time so nobody had any luck pushing him out of the way.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    it's pretty likely she had some liquid courage helping her make the "catch". i'm gonna go with the belief that there was no way she knew who she was going against for the ball if you watch closely her eyes are on the ball the whole time. it's kinda funny how it got framed...if it was that bad you'd think that the team might do something about it.

last year was the closest i ever came to getting a mlb foul ball. unfortunately it was right after my acl surgery and i was rocked on oxycodone and couldn't move quick enough as i watched the ball smack off my crutches and bounce to a lower level at camden yards. oh well.
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    I once saw a clip-
    this was last season, I guess-
    where two kids were running for a foul
    in the stands.
    The larger kid knocked the smaller one
    to the ground (inadvertently) + got the ball.
    When he turned, he saw the little kid
    on the ground,
    and realized what he had done.
    So he gave the ball to the little kid.
    Amazing moment.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.